Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Scanner will not work!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bobyboy

bobyboy

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:15 AM

My Epson'V330 Perfection' has been working fine until few days ago, since then when using the desktop shortcut it will not start, all that happens is the icon briefly appears in the task bar then disappears.
I have checked the cable which seems OK, the scanner switches on Ok all looks fin but I am unable to use it?
Any suggestions.

System Info:
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 60 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8001 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel® HD Graphics 4600, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 922 GB (796 GB Free); D: 111 GB (62 GB Free); E: 298 GB (248 GB Free);
Motherboard: Packard Bell, iMedia S2885
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:18 AM

The first thing I'd do is go to Epson's Support Page for this particular scanner, download the latest software for same, and install it (removing the existing software just before doing the install).

This often solves this sort of problem.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

#3 bobyboy

bobyboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:42 AM

Thanks for the reply, I have already done what you suggest, but makes no difference.

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 PM

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:59 PM

All I can suggest is at least trying to do a System Restore to a date-time before the issue occurred.  Before you do that you should take a look at what Windows Update has downloaded and applied since and copy that to a text file for safe keeping.

I suspect that something else is "breaking" the scanner software, but I'd have to do the same thing to find out what.

Also, in looking at the support page for the V330 there are a number of utilities, including an Event Manager and Update Utility, that are separate from the driver and scanner software and it could be an issue with the current event manager software, so you might want to install that before trying the System Restore.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users