Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Free Webroot for 6 months?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 blitzjg

blitzjg

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:18 PM

I have never heard of this program, but bestbuy gave me a free 6 months of it, is it worth using?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kenhall5551

kenhall5551

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:33 PM

Webroot is very good protection, but VERY aggressive in what it sees as PuPs or "possibly unwanted programs" It has been known to deactivate programs that users actually want to run on their systems.

So, I recommend if you are not a power user or a "techy" guy, You might want something less aggresive.

#3 blitzjg

blitzjg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:43 PM

I certainly won't pay for it, but I just assume I would use it for the allotted free time, but what you're saying sure sounds obnoxious

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users