Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD on startup. cannot seem to get in to safe mode.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jtspitfire

jtspitfire

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:43 PM

Ill just say it fast
I was informed dinner was ready, and went to dinner. i shut the PC down. when it said something wasn't shutting down properly, i pressed the "force shutdown". I was not updating anything at all.

i came back and tried starting the computer. now the computer will not start. the only thing i see on startup is a black screen. after a few minutes it gives me a bluescreen and shuts down. keeps going in a boot cycle.

I have a picture of the bluescreen error. I cannot seem to get the computer to go into safe mode by pressing f8 as it tries to start up.

I let the computer sit in its boot cycle and eventually it started up !!!! (super lucky)

Basically i'm wondering what i should do now before shutting it down next time to prevent it from blue screening like this again.

20170530_193511_zps4iwkmofy.jpg

20170530_201818_zpsschhwnqh.jpg

20170530_201829_zpsm8indddg.jpg20170530_201838_zpsikvy4hx1.jpg

Edited by hamluis, 01 June 2017 - 07:02 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Crashes/BSODs - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Aaron_Warrior_*

Guest_Aaron_Warrior_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:05 AM

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2764302/-0x0000001e-stop-error-occurs-intermittently-in-windows-7-sp1-and-windows-server-2008-r2-sp1

Cause
This issue occurs because of an NTFS file system memory leak issue. Specifically, when an application opens a file that has an oplock on it for modification in a transaction, NTFS will break the oplock and will leak nonpaged pool memory. This causes excessive memory usage and memory allocation failures.

You can find mentions of memory leaks in your event viewer log, under "applications".  Memory Leaks occur when software is programmed badly.  What happens is that a software claims a section of memory and then never releases it back to be used by something else.  Eventually all the memory gets claimed and the system crashes.

Look for badly-coded software.  Homemade, cracked, industry specific, also malware will do this.  Example if your job or your university gives you "weirdosoftware 1.0" chance are it's the culprit.

There are other causes for this error, but this is the 1st in google search, implying it's also the most common.

Have you been infected/are you infected?

Run chkdsk.  Check your voltages and temps in BIOS and report.  Run defrag and see if it completes successfully or crashes, indicating system file damage from causes unknown.  Remove all unnecessary hardware (printers, scanners, whatever) during troubleshooting.  Uninstall all new software and hardware.  Uninstall all unnecessary software (less is more).

#3 jtspitfire

jtspitfire
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:53 PM

Thank you for your advice ! @aaron_warrior

#4 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,029 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:17 PM

Can you zip up the contents of C:\Windows\Minidump and attach them in your next reply?

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users