Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Windows 10 fax - wants a tif file and nothing else

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RbtCmpt

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:01 PM

I scanned a few documents as jpegs. I want to use Windows 10 fax and scan, and now get this message

Windows can't fax or preview the attached file type. Try installing a program that allows you to print .tif files, save the attached file as a .tif file, and then try again.

I can convert them to tif files - which is very tedious, and then they're TOO BIG to fax!

And then when it fails, I have to do the WHOLE thing over again!

Why can't I fax a jpeg? I used to be able to do this.

I also need to fax multiple page pdfs. How can I do this?

I REALLY need to get this working

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SillyBilly

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:45 PM

I have used Format Factory for many years to convert files to other formats. The process is very fast.  I just converted an 83KB jpg file to 26KB tif file in less than one second.

The latest version can be down loaded from here

From the list of Products Download menu item select Format Factory and select a download mirror.

Save the installation.

*******  NOTE  after saving the install file and running it, the first window default wants to add two (2) additional programs to the download. The window has a title of Install Additional Software. Click on the underlined Click Here and untick the box that reads "Install ByteFence security product.  Do the same for the Chromium browser.

Continue with the installation.

Steps to do the conversion and to choose the size are very easy to perform.  If you have problems post for instructions.

Caution:  NEVER work on the ORIGINAL file. Make a copy and use that one to make changes.

#3 opera

• Members
  • 868 posts
  • Local time:03:16 AM

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:57 AM

Perhaps some answers to your question in your thread about this over on TenForums

#4 SillyBilly

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Local time:11:16 PM

Posted 01 June 2017 - 09:46 AM

I guess that the subject was not that important to RbtCmpt, because there has not been a reply to the suggestions. Possibly RbtCmpt has figured out the situation on his own or used one of the suggestions or . . .   It is customary and good manners to reply with a thank you and/or the way that he fixed the problem.  Sad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users