The File System error -1073741819 is related to disc errors. Along with the other errors I would first run a scan with a diagnostic tool to determine the health of the hdd/ssd.
Please download and run SeaTools for Windows
Before the installation begins you will be prompted to either Decline or Accept the terms of the installation, click on I Accept.
Once the installatioSeatTools for Windows begins you will see an image similar to the one below.
1. SeaTools for Windows will search for HDDs and SSDs on your computer. Please remove any external storage devices connected via USB ports.
2. Detected Drives will list the HDDs and SSDs found. Place a check mark in the drive box you want to run the scan on. This should be the drive that has the operating system installed on it, this is usually C: drive.
3. You will see Basic Tests toolbar above Detected Drives, move the mouse pointer over this to open the test options. Please click on Long Generic Test
4. This will start the scan. When the scan is complete you will see the result under Test Status , please post the results in your topic.
5. The test will indicate either Pass or Fail. Post the results of the scan in your topic.
6. Click on Help, then click on View Log File. If the scan failed take a screen shot of the Log File and post it in your topic.
If the drive is healthy you could try rebuilding the BCD.
Press the Windows key and the X key at the same time.
In the menu that opens click/tap on Command Prompt (Admin), this will open the Elevated Command Prompt.
When the Elevated Command Prompt opens copy and paste bootrec /rebuildbcd in the Command Prompt, then press Enter.
You will see the following.
Scanning all disks for Windows installations.
This may take a while, please do not stop the scan.
If this was successful you will receive the following message.
Successfully scanned Windows installations.
Total identified Windows installations: 0
The operation completed successfully.