Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8.1 all programs except third party programs are not opening.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Asheesh27

Asheesh27

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:35 AM

Hello! I am sorry need a reply fast... I'm in a quite a big problem... I am using Dell tulip laptop with intel i5 core with a windows 8.1 pro build 9600 Operating System....

All the programs Settings,Command prompt etc are not opening but chrome is working utorrent is too....... 

i cant sfc /scan and i dont have access to file recovery settings.... I can open my computer nd file explorer I cant view any videos too

Sometimes its showing 

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005)

OR

C:\Users\admin\Appdata\Local\Pa...\AAA_SettingsPageRestoreFileHostory.settingcontent-ms

The app didn't start

OR

File System error -1073741819

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:45 AM

The File System error -1073741819 is related to disc errors.  Along with the other errors I would first run a scan with a diagnostic tool to determine the health of the hdd/ssd.

Please download and run SeaTools for Windows

Before the installation begins you will be prompted to either Decline or Accept the terms of the installation, click on I Accept.

Once the installatioSeatTools for Windows begins you will see an image similar to the one below.

seagate3_zps1fa1f71c.jpg

1.  SeaTools for Windows will search for HDDs and SSDs on your computer.  Please remove any external storage devices connected via USB ports.

2.  Detected Drives will list the HDDs and SSDs found.  Place a check mark in the drive box you want to run the scan on.  This should be the drive that has the operating system installed on it, this is usually C: drive.

3.  You will see Basic Tests toolbar above Detected Drives, move the mouse pointer over this to open the test options.  Please click on Long Generic Test

4.  This will start the scan.  When the scan is complete you will see the result under Test Status , please post the results in your topic.

seatools4_zpsd7balf76.png

5.  The test will indicate either Pass or Fail.  Post the results of the scan in your topic.

6.  Click on Help, then click on View Log File.  If the scan failed take a screen shot of the Log File and post it in your topic.

If the drive is healthy you could try rebuilding the BCD.

Press the Windows key windowskey_zps092d5c75.png and the X key at the same time.

In the menu that opens click/tap on Command Prompt (Admin), this will open the Elevated Command Prompt.

When the Elevated Command Prompt opens copy and paste bootrec /rebuildbcd in the Command Prompt, then press Enter.

You will see the following.

Scanning all disks for Windows installations.

This may take a while, please do not stop the scan.

If this was successful you will receive the following message.

Successfully scanned Windows installations.
Total identified Windows installations: 0
The operation completed successfully.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Asheesh27

Asheesh27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:54 AM

Ill try this and get back to u thanks a lot sir

dc3

#4 Asheesh27

Asheesh27