Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anything With Media Freezing...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Whits

Whits

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 08 September 2006 - 10:59 PM

Hey,

I've got a problem with pretty much all of my media I guess. Anytime I try and play a video in my browser it freezes and I have to end the process. It doesn't matter, freezes for all formats, mpeg, wma, etc.

All programs that play video also freeze; well, they don't even really open completely before they freeze. Windows Media Player, iTunes, Napster, WinDVD, etc.

I really have no idea what the problem is... help.

Anyone had this problem before?

:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2006 - 11:17 PM

If you download the media, can you play it from your hard drive? What browser do you use? when you attempt to play media from your browser, how far do you get in the process?
I think answers to these questions might help our members isolate the problem.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Whits

Whits
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 08 September 2006 - 11:31 PM

If you download the media, can you play it from your hard drive? What browser do you use? when you attempt to play media from your browser, how far do you get in the process?
I think answers to these questions might help our members isolate the problem.
Cheers,
John

I use Firefox, but it freezes in IE too. It doesn't get far at all. Nothing plays, just as soon as I see the Quicktime logo, or WMP in the browser it freezes before anything plays.

I can't play anything at all, from the internet, my hard drive, or cds. Just like in the browser, WMP and Quicktime freeze as soon as they open. Napster won't even open completely before it freezes, yet things seem to work in iTunes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users