Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web browser big limit memory of tabs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 yta

yta

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:07 AM

Hello.
Need a browser that can deal with 16 GB and more (16 GB and more)
So far, the best I've found is Waterfox - which handles up to 9.5 GB and then does not want to work - go in version 51 I managed to force him to take 10.5 GB ... Now unfortunately I need a bit more to insert it.

What kind of browser do you recommend?
My system: Windows 10 64 b.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:00 PM

You need to clarify this question.

The amount of memory any web browser can handle is a combination of what RAM is available on the system, what other processes are running, and a variety of other factors.

What is it that you are actually trying to do?

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

~ Commenter TheCruyffGurn on the The Guardian website, 8/13/2014

#3 yta

yta
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:08 PM

No known browser on a single thread does not support a lot of RAM - free RAM in the system is sufficient.

I trying use specyficted code for Facebook.

#4 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:12 PM

You still have not clarified what it is that you're trying to do with any specificity.   Your question is so broad as to be unanswerable as written and your response doesn't help me (though it may someone else) because I do not use Facebook.

You will still need to describe what it is you're trying to achieve, the exact things you're doing to achieve them, and what failure or failures occur along with the error messages associated with same.

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

~ Commenter TheCruyffGurn on the The Guardian website, 8/13/2014

#5 yta

yta
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:14 PM

Accident? Just a browser does not do too much data. The smaller page is executed correctly (less data than 9.5 GB) for Waterfox and less data than 3GB for eg Chrome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users