Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Explorer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 rlprlp

rlprlp

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 08 September 2006 - 10:48 PM

I have Windows XP Home SP2 on an HP Pavilion a1220n. I have been having a problem for quite some time now. I never had this problem until a virus forced me to use the HP Recovery tool; about 2 months ago. (This basically takes the PC all the way back to the day it came out of the box.) The problem: I am unable to see any changes I make in Windows Explorer without having to refresh the window after every task. Some examples are: I delete a folder, but the icon for the folder remains in the window. If I click the icon, I get the "Cannot find..." error message, so the folder did in fact delete. I must right-click empty space in the window and select "Refresh" to get the icon to disappear. (Closing and re-opening the window also works.) Working with tiled windows can be quite confusing, especially when dragging and dropping folders to move or copy them. I cannot tell which folders were moved/ copied without having to constantly refresh both windows in use after every operation. Any requests for further information, or additional details regarding my explanation will be gladly answered. Thank you to all who reply.

EDIT: Please disregard. The problem became so annoying, that I decided to get persistant. After about 3 hours of research, I found the solution.

Edited by rlprlp, 09 September 2006 - 08:36 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 09 September 2006 - 01:39 PM

Please tell us how you cured the problem so others may learn from your experience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users