Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PSU for new PC, which one?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nielsvanvelzen

nielsvanvelzen

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 29 May 2017 - 03:40 PM

I'm building a new computer for a family member and I have chosen the Silverstone SST-SG10B Sugo SG10 USB3.0 case. As a result of it's small design, it has limitations on PSU size and the manual says:

"The SG10 supports power supply with depth of up to 204mm. The limitation of power supplies with modular cables is 180mm. We use a specific extension

cord for connecting to power supply’s AC plug, so it does not support large, specialized plug found in extremely high wattage power supplies (e.g. SilverStone
ST1500). If high wattage power supply is required, we recommend the Strider Gold ST1200-G, which conforms to SG10’s dimension and extension power cord
requirements. We recommend using the PP05 short cable kit in addition to its compatible power supply model to reduce cable clutter during installation.
B. Power cord connector limitation: SG10 is designed for maximum space utilization and because of its size constraints it cannot accommodate all the power supplies
on the market. Below diagram marks the allowable area for the power cord connector and the required orientation for the 90 degree power cord connector.
If the power cord exceeds the allowable area, then we do not guarantee it will be compatible."

I'm looking into the Seasonic Platinum Series 660 Watt. Does anyone knows if it will fit into this case? The specs say it has a length of 170mm, which is below 180mm...

Niels

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,158 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:12 AM

Posted 29 May 2017 - 04:09 PM

It should do but it may be a tight fit.

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

ljxaqg-6.png

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:46 PM

It's a ATX form factor case, so a ATX PSU will work.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,438 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:12 AM

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:39 PM

It should fit as it's short enough. ATX spec does not say anything about PSU length, only width and height.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,675 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 PM

Posted 30 May 2017 - 02:23 PM

Seasonic Platinum 760 (760W) - Power supply (computer) - digitec

Product dimensions

Length     8.60 cm
Width     16 cm
Height     15 cm

SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd.INTRODUCTION:SG10

Limitation of PSU 180mm

Edited by dc3, 30 May 2017 - 02:31 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 nielsvanvelzen

nielsvanvelzen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:31 AM

Thanks everyone! I ordered the PSU and we'll shortly see how it will work out :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users