Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to restore files from .lnk.read_to_txt_file.yyto

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 vandavieboy

vandavieboy

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 29 May 2017 - 05:32 AM

Hi.

my server 2003 r2 has updates running every evening to 2 external HDDs however on friday i believe a virus/malware was installed, All files have been renamed to .lnk.read_to_txt_file.yyto and i cannot open or edit anything and both external HDDs now have these corrupt files in the backups.

Can anyone advise me on how to restore these files to the original format?

Thanks.

Edited by hamluis, 29 May 2017 - 06:01 AM.
Moved from MRL to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:49 AM

This sounds like Ransom Ware. Suggest you ask for help in the Ransomware Help & Tech Support Forum - BleepingComputer.com

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 vandavieboy

vandavieboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:58 AM

Thanks.

I did post in there but have forgotten to remove this post. Thanks once again.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 07 June 2017 - 01:06 PM

OP posted in topic at https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/647989/yyto-ransomware-help-support-help-to-decrypttxt-read-to-txt-fileyyt/ .