Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Figured I might as well join.......

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 alabamahorsefly

alabamahorsefly

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:01 AM

Hello.  I Recently bought my wife a new laptop.  It has been a while since we had a new one.  Our old one was still running Vista.  With no problems. 0. none.  She had decided she wanted to go back to school and get her Ed.S degree, so I thought a new laptop would be a great present.  That was Christmas.  She hasn't used it yet.  It was running so slow, that it was unusable.  I did a few things, Dell did a few things, and it was somewhat usuable.  But as time went on, back to lagging and crashing.  It would lag just typing a word doc.  Everytime I searched for a solution, most of the time bleepingcomputers.com was always at the top of the list (nice job bc.com, that's not cheap :)  So...I figured I might as well join up.  Its been good so far.  During my searches, I somehow picked up a nasty little redirect virus.  It would hide itself when scanned for malware.  Add in screen overlays and the extremely painful lag, crashes, and so on, I just about threw that thing out the window.  A little bit of research from this site, I was able to find it and freaking delete it!  So, I'm a fan.  Windows 10....not so much.  I'm sure its a fine OS, but Edge, Bing, and IE being shoved down my throat turns me off instantly.  I know, I changed them all.  The fact is, they are still there.  When I changed default browser, it said something like "are you sure" or something like that.  Yes, I am sure I want to change it or I wouldn't even be in this setting.  That's why I've always liked Microsoft and Android.  The ability to personalize.  With no questions.  If I wanted to be locked in to one thing, I would have gone with Apple (no offense to the fruit people ;)  I'm joking..we love ya'll anyway.

That's how I ended up here.  Look forward to getting the laptop fixed.  In the meantime, I'm going to look around for a solution to my last error message.  Oh yeah...Vista is driving me....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:33 PM

Posted 31 May 2017 - 04:51 AM

:welcome: to Bleeping Computer.

As a new member be sure to read the Welcome to Bleeping Computer! Guide and the following...Best regards,
The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users