Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GTX 1060 6GB Performance Issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gemmy51

Gemmy51

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 28 May 2017 - 10:10 PM

Hello,

I've had my GTX 1060 for a good almost 6 months now and it's been good to me. Recently in the past month, I've started to see some weird things happening. I see my FPS drop randomly when gaming and I can't seem to figure out why. I also see massive FPS drop when I look around decently faster in games, such as Minecraft. The biggest annoyance for me is that in League of Legends, my FPS will drop from 120 to 70's randomly and I also believe it hits about 1 sometimes in the middle of those 70 FPS moments, as it is a COMPLETE stutter, not just a noticeable FPS drop. This happens when nothing intensive is going on either.

Here are some things I've already looked into:

1. It is not being bottlenecked, as this is my build --> https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TKc6LD 

2. It is not overheating, as it sits at 32C idle and a max of 59C when gaming. (Nor is my CPU, as it is 25C idle and 50C gaming).

3. Task manager is no help to look at, as I'm only using ~30% of my CPU in total and ~40% of RAM.

4. I have an SSD in which the games I am playing is on, so it's not an issue of my HDD not able to keep up.

5. I have also updated and after that didn't work, reinstalled my drivers for my video card and still have the issue.

So my question is for you, what do you think I should try next? 

If need be, I can post my dxdiag log here as well.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Tech_Geeker

Tech_Geeker

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 28 May 2017 - 10:19 PM

Could it be the connection issue? it could lead some lags if the connection is not that good.  I see that Minecraft and League of Legend are not too resourceful and GTX 1060 is really good.

#3 Gemmy51

Gemmy51
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 AM

Posted 28 May 2017 - 10:28 PM

Connection issue meaning my internet?

I'm on Ethernet with 60mbs down 5mbs up and the lowest it gets is 40mbs down 3mbs up. 

I don't think that would actually cause the FPS to drop though right? As it's with my Graphics and not with my internet.

My ping sits around 30ms in League of Legends and I can't physically see it in Minecraft but I doubt its much higher than that.

Connection lag feels different than the visual lag and I'm pretty certain it's not that.

Good idea though!

#4 MDD1963

MDD1963

• Members
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 PM

Posted 31 May 2017 - 03:46 AM

Just because you have a good connection most of the time does not mean it is flawless all the time, especially to someone else's gaming server.

You are now subject to spikes/dips in their connection...

Test your framerates on a LAN connection if concerned....

Asus Z270A Prime/7700K/32 GB DDR4-3200/GTX1060

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users