Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Error: AccelerometerSt.exe / VCRUNTIME140.dll

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Zaggy

Zaggy

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 28 May 2017 - 07:08 PM

Immediately following the Creators Update 1703 for Windows 10 on my HP laptop, upon boot-up a System Error box appeared (and always appears) reading:

AccelerometerSt.exe - System Error

The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.dll was not found.  Reinstalling the program may fix this program.

I haven't a clue what this means or what to do to fix it.  Can anyone help me please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lvlpost

Lvlpost

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 28 May 2017 - 08:35 PM

Hi,

Try the following.

Open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click the entry for HP 3D DriveGuard and select Uninstall.

When this has completed, restart the your system

When windows has reloaded, download and install the version of HP 3D DriveGuard

#3 Zaggy

Zaggy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:47 AM

Thanks.  How do I know the proper one for my laptop and then find the download to reinstall HP 3D DriveGuard please?

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 29 May 2017 - 09:17 AM

Solved: AccelerometerSt.exe error (0xc000007b) on startup - HP Support Forum - 5568937

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Zaggy

Zaggy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:17 AM

So... I uninstalled the HP 3D Drive Guard (and the error box did go away upon reboot).  After downloading the one from the link above in attempting to install it to my computer a box came up telling me that the file was already there and did I want to overwrite it?  Ummm, that scared me, so I did nothing.  ???

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:10 PM

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:16 AM

Leave is as it is for a while and see what happens.  If  nothing derogatory happens leave it.  If it becomes problematic, then it will be time to rethink this.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 Zaggy

Zaggy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:14 AM

Thank you.  I shall leave it alone and wait. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users