Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Question about Gmail

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DefaultGateway

DefaultGateway

• Members
  • 187 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:53 AM

Posted 28 May 2017 - 08:33 AM

Dear BC Members,

A few days ago I created a new Gmail account.

The reason for making this new Gmail account was because I was going to delete my WhatsApp account and in case something went wrong with WhatsApp Backup, I wanted to make sure that I have a second Gmail account also with a copy of my WhatsApp messages.

Seperately from what I wrote above about WhatsApp, this new Gmail account has not sent any emails yet.

Then I use this new Gmail account to send a PDF File to my other Gmail account to remind me of printing it.

Suddenly, after sending this PDF, my 2nd Gmail account is disabled and Google wants me to verify myself via my smartphone and then my account was enabled again.

I received an email that my 2nd Gmail account was temporary disabled, because violation of their Terms of Service.

I don't understand, this account is new, I only sent one email to myself with a PDF attachment.

Is sending a PDF File violation of their Terms of Service or is it something else?

The PDF attachment is school related.

I did get a notification on my smartphone to verify my new account before I used my laptop to login to Gmail and compose a New Email. Could it be that Google was thinking that my new Gmail account was comprimised, because I ignored that notification on my smartphone and went along logging in via laptop and compose a new email? In this case, "violation of Terms of Service" is a bit of miscommunication.

Kindly regards,

DefaultGateway

Edited by DefaultGateway, 28 May 2017 - 08:42 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users