Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iGoogle Portal vs My Yahoo

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 wdrbbq

wdrbbq

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 28 May 2017 - 07:42 AM

I'm experiencing a strange phenomenon that perhaps someone can explain for me.

I use two different home pages that run on Chrome: iGoogle Portal and My Yahoo. Each home page contains 3 news feeds and a calendar. iGoogle Portal contains a clock but My Yahoo does not. My Yahoo contains a real time updated score board while iGoogle Portal does not. Whichever of the two pages I have on my laptop at the time, it runs continuously at a refresh rate of every 10 minutes, all night. 

Here's my problem: If I run My Yahoo for, say 6 hours continuously for example, after that 6 hours my laptop has slowed to a crawl, with new tabs taking upwards of 5 seconds just to respond to the mouse click and show a new tab. Every function has slowed way down. If I run iGoogle Portal for the same amount of time with the same refresh rate this doesn't happen. When on My Yahoo, in order to remedy the situation I first get into the Chrome Settings and manually clear the cache and browsing data. Then I click on Chrome's History Eraser App and run that. Then I click on Ccleaner and run that. After completing the sequence I can open My Yahoo and the speed is back to normal. 

Why does this happen on My Yahoo and not on iGoogle Portal? Is there a way, such as changing a setting, that would prevent it? Your ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users