Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I've been Hacked, Please Help!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kay100

Kay100

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2017 - 06:39 PM

I got scammed and hacked. The scammers said they were from Microsoft and my computer had virus and they were going to install some antivirus software on my computer and clean the virus for me. So I let them remotely connected to my computer for more than an hour! God knows what they’ve been doing in that time!

Afterwards I realized that it’s a scam. So I took the computer that they connected with to the computer repairs and get it totally reset.

I thought that would solve the problem. But no!

The next morning I used another computer in my house to change my Microsoft account password. I thought I would be safe because this computer was not the one the directly connected with. So I changed my Microsoft account password.

2 hours after I changed the Microsoft account password, I logged into my microsoft account again. I checked “Recent Activities” page. Guess what? Right after I changed to a new password, someone successfully logged into my Microsoft account! And their ip is somewhere in Hong Kong while I’m in New Zealand.

I didn’t understand how they could know my new password? This computer they didn’t directly connect yesterday.

Then I thought, they must have hacked into my wifi network, so they can access all the devices in my house.

I logged into my router, and checked the system log, I can see lots and lots of “alert”, “intrusion” written in the log. I think that means someone really hacked into my router. Don’t know if that is right?

So after they hacked into my router, can they install spyware onto all the devices in my house? Or they just can see all the data that’s in and out without even install spyware? How were they able to get my new password?

I’m not sure what to do now. Should I check and clean malware on all the devices first, or should I fix the hacked router problem first?

I thought I could log into my router and change the administration username and password. But then I thought if I’m going to do that, I would have to do it through a device in my house. Since they already got to know the new Microsoft password, that means they are able to know all the new passwords that I change to using devices in my house. If they can always know my new password, then there is no point changing it.

I called my ISP and asked if they can change the router password for me. I called twice about it. One person said they were not allowed to do that. The second person said that she can’t find the option to change it. So she think my router is a faulty one and she’s sending me a new router in a few days.

So my question is, will my problem be solved when I change to a new router?

But the problem is, when the new router come, I would have to change the password to a more complicated one. But if I do that from the current computer, the hackers might get to know my new password again just like how they got to know my new Microsoft account new password.

I installed Malwarebytes and after the scan it found whole bunch of Adware.ChinAd. No other types of Malware were found. But I noticed that everytime I turn on this computer Malwarebyes would block a lot of outbound website connection. Does that mean my computer is been badly compromised? But am I safe now since the Malwarebytes blocked them?

I got myself into deep trouble this time. Please help me to get out of the hack.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users