I'm running Windows 8.1 with latest patches.
Last week I started to have RocketTab blocks of ads in Chrome. Only in Chrome, IE and Firefox are fine.
I've been googling forever trying to get rid of it. Nothing worked.
- Its not listed in Add remove programs.
- A search in my whole system doesn't find any items 'RocketTab' or 'AddonJet', the two labels appearing on top of the browser ads.
- A search in the registry of the same terms returned nothing
Here's what I've done so far:
- I've scanned with Malwarebytes (my main AV)
- Also ran JRT, Hitman and adwCleaner. Only Hitman found some unrelated cookies but in Firefox in which I don't have the Rockettab problem.
- I completely deleted my Chrome profile and I used a backup from 3 months ago when definitely didn't have the problem. However, the problem showed up again.
I ran out of ideas. Can you help?