Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello everyone--I am "Helpless Victim"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 helplessvictim

helplessvictim

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:23 AM

Hi,

I guess you can tell by my user name how I'm feeling right now.  And its not just about computor problems, though I've got those too and will write about them in the appropriate forum.  It's just that lately I really do feel  a bit like a "helpless" victim, rather than an "inentional" victim.  See, to me an "intentional" victim is a person who stirs up a hornets nest then runs and screams for help when the angry hornets swarm all over him and bite his sorry ass.  This person still considers themselves a victim, even though their actions clearly warrented the results.

A helpless victim on the other hand, is a person, like myself, who goes about their life trying very hard not to interfere with the lives of others unless it is to offer appropriate aide or to respond to a request for such.  I generally don't lie, steal, or cheat or purposely offend people.  I say "generally" because there is always that odd exception to the rule that slips in there now and then, so to be fair, I can't say never.  This type of victim is often blindsided by unbelievably cruel happenings that seem to have no relevance to anything they have done and in further investigation turn out to really have absolutely no relevance.  This is not a pleasant position to be in and I'd much rather be an empowered survivor and am working hard toward that goal at this very moment.

So, there you have it, that's who I am.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,123 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 27 May 2017 - 06:19 PM

Welcome to BC !

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users