Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Freezes/ Crashes mostly in gaming.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Venom_iF

Venom_iF

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:20 AM

So after not using my computer for a month or so I hopped back on for some gaming. Biggest problem is playing Player Unknown Battle Grounds. I run it with all settings on very low and at 720P. Before that I ran it on all settings very low but in 1080P. Since the switch its frozen less.

The issue is my computer freezes to the point where I have to hold the power button down until it shuts off. Now it mostly occurs when gaming but its also happened while just browsing the internet and other related tasks.

My computer is a HP built computer with a AMD A8 7600, 16G of Ram, and a GTX 750TI. Further specs are here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04293928 

I've used MSI Afterburner to check GPU temps and it hovers around 75 Degrees F and tops out in game around 105 Degrees F. I manually turned the fans up to 75% at all time.

Played other games a little less demanding as far as graphics and it still happens just not as often as PUBG. Example would be I freeze every PUBG game and once every 3-6 Overwatch games (Running at Low graphics in 1080P.)

Basic question is if its my hardware holding me back from being able to run the games properly or if theres an easy or general fix to resolve my problem. I've tried many recommended things from other similar forums and none have worked so I decided to start my own to get more direct answers for my issues.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users