Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bios password dell latitude e6510 Bios 16A

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Resilo

Resilo

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 26 May 2017 - 04:25 PM

so i have a  latitude e6510 Bios 16A and i need to remove a bios administrator password what is a known method or tool i can use to remove the password?

A little information for anyone curious

I am a novice computer technician.

my education is a diploma level in Network Systems Administration.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,925 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 26 May 2017 - 04:32 PM

I don't know how other members feel about this particular question as it brings up a dilemma of sorts.   I have had many questions on this and unless I can confirm that you are indeed the owner of said machine, I will not reveal hardware service tips and tricks that may compromise the real owners data.   That being said, a search of google will likely guide you to the info you seek.  Sorry.

Edited by mjd420nova, 26 May 2017 - 04:33 PM.

#3 Resilo

Resilo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:02 PM

i won't release the name of where i work but i work for a computer shop. the computer belongs to a fellow who works for a company we are do business with often and has requested the removal of a password he did not place on his laptop

i don't come here unless i need help from someone who may know a trick or 2 i don't

i can release small details to prove identity not sure what best method would be

thanks anyways though

Edited by Resilo, 26 May 2017 - 05:23 PM.

A little information for anyone curious

I am a novice computer technician.

my education is a diploma level in Network Systems Administration.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,565 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:41 PM

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/SLN170684/how-to-clear-the-bios-password?lang=EN

Louis

#5 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,925 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2017 - 09:15 PM

I see this on just about every forum.  Dozens of "users" who forgot the BIOS or WIN logon password.  Through a forum or any chat room, there is no positive way to identify the owner of any device.  As posted above Dell support provides the answer you seek.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,565 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:10 AM

I see no point...in trying NOT to provide...information that the system manufacturer openly provides for its users.  There can be no question of the intent of the system manufacturer or the reasons such information is available to anyone capable of using a search engine or the support function at the Dell website.

Louis

#7 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,925 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2017 - 07:16 PM

Being that I operate a business servicing computers, my insurance company had some very strict guidelines on this type of bypassing manufacturers security protocols.   That's the way it is in the U.S.A.

Edited by mjd420nova, 27 May 2017 - 07:16 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users