Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Where is the "network security key"?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 1Simpson

1Simpson

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:30 AM

For appox 24 hrs, my Internet on my pc, roku, phone and iPad kept disconnecting and reconnecting every 15 seconds to 2 minutes...... Sometimes I had to do it manually, other times It fixed itself. I contacted wifi provider, they claimed it was fixed, because my wifi name was showing up again, but when I went on my pc, it wouldn't connect, it's asking me for the NETWORK SECURITY KEY...all of the online tutorials show me how to find it online WITH A CURRENT CONNECTION, however, I have no connection to work off, and my pc does not have capabilities to connect to modem with Ethernet cables....I have a ARRIS router, 192.168.0.1/ When I log into the router settings online, I dont see an obvious network security key, I've even tried to plug in every number shown on router, figuring one of the numbers is the correct one, yet nothing....I'm pretty much a novice, so excuse my ignorance...any advice??? Please and thank u so much everyone ...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 26 May 2017 - 09:56 AM

network security key relates to the wifi password.  It doesn't relate to wired connections

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users