Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer starting to be unusable

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Dudewtf

Dudewtf

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:25 PM

I have recently gotten some kind of virus. If i try and open any antivirus program it says the requested resource is already in use, and wont open the program. Ive tried booting in safe mode but it wont let me. Ive tried advanced startup, but all it does is restart my pc, doesnt give me the advanced options or anything else.

Ive tried resetting my pc, but it wont let me. I click get started under reset this pc, and i get the small blue circle in place of my mouse, as if the program is loading up. But i see that little icon for a half a second, then nothing at all happens. Its like the program starts up, but then immediately shuts down or something.

I am a pc gamer and i do have steam, and war thunder game launcher, and gog game launcher. If i try to start those up and play a game, or download a game it wont let me. It says i have limited network and doesnt download anything or show me any multiplayer games. I can use google chrome just fine, but i cant play any game on my pc. I cant seem to use the online aspect of any program that is on my computer, except for chrome.

Please can somebody help me with this. I have no idea what to do and i am 100% ready to factory reset my computer (if i can find a way too), ive moved the small amount of items that i need onto an external usb, and am willing to reset my pc.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dudewtf

Dudewtf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2017 - 08:57 AM

Also i forgot to add that there is a program in my task manager that i cant close or do anything with and is always running, called "svcvmx". I dont know if this is the specific virus, or one of many on my computer.

#3 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 26 May 2017 - 09:08 PM

Welcome :)

• Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit and save the file to your Desktop.
  • Right-Click MBAR.exe and select AVOiBNU.jpgRun as administrator to run the installer.
  • Select your Desktop as the location to extract the contents and click OK. The programme should open upon completion.
  • Click Next, followed by Update. Upon update completion, click Next.
  • Ensure Drivers, Sectors & System are checked and click Scan.
  • Note: Do not use your computer during the scan.
  • Upon completion:
    • If no infection is found, close the MBAR window.
    • If an infection is found, ensure Create Restore Point is checked and click Cleanup. Reboot when prompted.

• Two logs (mbar-log.txt and system-log.txt) will be created. Copy the contents of both logs and paste in your next reply. Both logs can be found in the MBAR folder.

No request for help throughout private messaging will be attended.

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware!
btn_donate_SM.gif

#4 Dudewtf

Dudewtf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:11 PM

Ive already tried that. But as i said in the main post. If i try to open any kind of anti virus program (kaspersky, malwarebyte, malwarebytes rootkit ETC...) It says "The requested resource is already in use" and doesnt let me open the programs up.

#5 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,185 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:21 PM

Please retry that version.

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware!
btn_donate_SM.gif

#6 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,185 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:54 PM

If still having issues:

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Make sure that under Optional Scans, there is a checkmark on Addition.txt.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The tool will also produce another log (Addition.txt ). Please attach this to your reply.

btn_donate_SM.gif

#7 Dudewtf

Dudewtf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:58 PM

That link for the malwarebytes rootkit is actually working. I tried it and was surprised to see that. Its currently scanning and has found 4 malware. Ill let you know what happens.

Edited by Dudewtf, 26 May 2017 - 10:58 PM.

#8 Dudewtf

Dudewtf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2017 - 11:28 PM

It worked. Thank you so much.

#9 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,185 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:46 AM

Run Farbar Recovery. That infection comes bundled.

btn_donate_SM.gif

#10 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,185 posts
  •  

Posted 07 June 2017 - 06:22 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

btn_donate_SM.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users