Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stuck in BDOS loop with no safe mode access

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Roctopus

Roctopus

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 25 May 2017 - 06:22 PM

Like the title says, I'm stuck in an endless loop. I'm starting to lose hope. Getting the "IRL NOT EQUAL TO" error with "ndistpr64.sys" being the culprit. Apparently a known virus.

BDOS happens 5 seconds after Windows boots, no way to do anything. I don't have a boot CD or access to another computer, unless you consider a Mac a real computer :P

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

I'm on Windows 7, btw, with no access to safe mode.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Lvlpost

Lvlpost

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 AM

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:26 PM

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

Insert the USB flash drive into the computer and reach the Recovery Environment Command prompt.

Entry points into WinRE

Your users can access WinRE features through the Boot Options menu, which can be launched from Windows in a few different ways:

•     From the login screen, click Shutdown, then hold down the Shift key while selecting Restart.
  •     In Windows 10, select Start > Settings > Update & security > Recovery > under Advanced Startup, click Restart  now.
  •     Boot to recovery media.
  •     Use a hardware recovery button (or button combination) configured by the OEM.

After any of these actions is performed, all user sessions are signed off and the Boot Options menu is displayed. If your users select a WinRE feature from this menu, the PC restarts into WinRE and the selected feature is launched.

WinRE starts automatically after detecting the following issues:

•     Two consecutive failed attempts to start Windows.
  •     Two consecutive unexpected shutdowns that occur within two minutes of boot completion.
  •     A Secure Boot error (except for issues related to Bootmgr.efi).
  •     A BitLocker error on touch-only devices.

Boot options menu

This menu enables your users to perform these actions:

•     Start recovery, troubleshooting, and diagnostic tools.
  •     Boot from a device (UEFI only).
  •     Access the Firmware menu (UEFI only).
  •     Choose which operating system to boot, if multiple operating systems are installed on the PC.

#3 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 28 May 2017 - 05:09 PM

I can confirm that ndistpr64.sys is a malicious file related to the SmartService trojan. Since you cannot boot into Windows, I suggest you post in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum where our malware experts will be able to help you. Even if you can't provide an FRST log, just post anyway explaining why you can't.

Good luck.

Regards,

bwv848

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users