Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anonymous Proxy server on Linux with IPVanish (or other VPN)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 bhups

bhups

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:54 PM

Hello,

I'm trying to set up a anonymous proxy server on a Linux machine with a VPN connection to IPVanish.

The setup is as follows:

I have a few PC's at work.

One is set up as a Proxy server (using Squid) and is connected to a Private VPN.

At present, it seems that all traffic is going via the Private VPN provider (so ipleak.net tells me), but I'm not sure how I can set up Squid to keep all traffic it routes to be anonymous.

I want to have a proxy server as I only want my browsing traffic to be anonymous.

All other internal traffic is just fine.

Can anyone advise me on this?

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gloriawalton

gloriawalton

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 26 May 2017 - 09:02 AM

Hi suggest you to please use premium proxies rather than free proxies. I suggest to use Microleaves Dedicated Proxies. Because i am using it since 2 years and working fine for me. Any other query feel free to ask.

#3 bhups

bhups
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:23 AM

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:00 PM

Hi suggest you to please use premium proxies rather than free proxies. I suggest to use Microleaves Dedicated Proxies. Because i am using it since 2 years and working fine for me. Any other query feel free to ask.

Sorry if my question was not clear.

I have a Private VPN provider and I want to set up my own Proxy Server.

IPVanish have a proxy service, but it can be VERY slow at times and so I want to have my own proxy server which directs traffic via my anonymous VPN connection.

I wish to ensure my proxy server does not log anything, should anyone look at the PC and want to trace what I've been browsing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users