Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malwarebytes Free Cannot Stop Update Nag Screen Fix?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tomsbc

tomsbc

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:51 PM

Hello Everyone,  i somehow clicked on a trial pay version, after a month or whatever, its back to the free version but i keep getting the Malwarebytes needs to be updated. I updated but the nag screen keeps coming back to update.  i looked into settings, protection and the change updates scheduler is greyed out and only available on the pay version  i uninstalled malwarebytes and reinstalled the free version but i still get the update nag screen. anyone know how to stop this screen from coming up? Thanks

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 25 May 2017 - 04:50 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to AV and A/malware software.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_Aaron_Warrior_*

Guest_Aaron_Warrior_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:08 PM

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/149815-how-to-disable-nag-screen/

Post a screen shot of the nag screen.

FYI this may be by design, i.e. your choices may be limited to uninstall the software, buy the software or hack the software. This forum may have a rule about hacking people's software.  IDK.

Of all the AV companies, I like malwarebytes the best.  Their online presence is just so good.  When they talk, it's like they're right THERE, talking to you.  Very professional.  Meaning I might help someone hack Norton, or McAfee, but not malwarebytes.  There's probably a registry entry you could delete, is the point, but I'm not going to help you with finding it.  They are literally the only online company I actually like.  They seem honest, intelligent, well-informed, their product is REALLY good and they answer average people's threads for no other reason than to be helpful.  No attempt at selling, or BS-ing, etc...

#3 tomsbc

tomsbc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:24 PM

this only happened after the pay trial but never happened before, i have had malwarebytes for 15years with no problem. not interested in hacking anyone just want to get rid of the nag update nag screen. going to try something now.

I think i may have done it, will get back to you

#4 midimusicman79

midimusicman79

• Members
  • 790 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 AM

Posted 26 May 2017 - 09:00 AM

Hi all!

I am having the exact same issue, in which the error message reads: "Updates not applicable. Click here to keep Malwarebytes updated."

Ideally, if only using Malwarebytes 3 Free, which actually does not feature automatic updates, there should not be any nag screen to update database definitions either.

It only makes sense to update in conjunction with using the said software, which for most users would mean once a week or so.

Also, ironically, while hovering the mouse pointer over the SysTray icon, it reports: "Updates: Updated", even when it is not.

Regards,
midimusicman79

Edited by midimusicman79, 26 May 2017 - 02:49 PM.

MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, EAM Pro/EEK, MB 3 Free, WPP, SWB Free, CryptoPrevent Free, NVT OSA and Unchecky, WFW, FFQ with CanDef, uBO, Ghostery, Grammarly Free and HTTPS Ew. Acronis TI 2018, K. Sw. Upd. AM-tools: 9-lab RT BETA, AdwCleaner, Auslogics AM, aswMBR, Avira PCC, BD ART, catchme, Cezurity AV, CCE, CKS, ClamWin P., Crystal Sec., DDS, DWCI, EMCO MD, eScan MWAV, ESS/EOS, FGP, FMTB, FRST, F-SOS, FSS, FreeFixer, GMP, GMER, hP BETA, HJT, Inherit, JRT, K. avz4, KVRT, K. TDSSKiller, LSP-Fix, MB 3 Free, MBAR BETA, MA Stinger, NMC, NoBot, NPE, NSS, NVT MRF (NMRF), OTL, PCC, QD, RCS, RSIT, RKill, Rs, SC, SR, SAP, SVRT, SAS, SL, TMHC, TSA ART, UHM, Vba32 AR, VRS, WR (AiO), Xvirus PG, ZAM, ZHPC, ZHPD and Zoek. I have 23 Years of PC Experience. Bold = effective.

#5 Porthos

Porthos

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:03 PM

It will in the free version update first when doing a manual scan.  and this was added to free.

Added an automatic monthly scheduled scan in Free mode

ts back to the free version but i keep getting the Malwarebytes needs to be updated. I updated but the nag screen keeps coming back to update.

There is a NEW version 3.1.2

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/200634-malwarebytes-31-now-available/

#6 retirednerd

retirednerd

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 03 December 2017 - 07:14 PM

In repose to the original question I found the following solution: https://helpmerick.com/disable-malwarebytes-purchase-nags.htm

You have to turn off the trial version in the my account section of settings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users