Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

infected with Trojan: Win32/Fuery.B!cl and lost all my ff data

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tamimwm

Tamimwm

• Members
  • 181 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:39 PM

Evening,

I got infected with the above mentioned virus. My windows defender acted up and supposedly cleaned it. I am just doing a check just in case. After the windows defender action firefox got reset completely.

I lost all my firefox data and bookmarks and saved passwords is there a way to get these back ?

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 40,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 27 May 2017 - 08:27 AM

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.
===

I lost all my firefox data and bookmarks and saved passwords is there a way to get these back ?

Difficult to say. I notice that you have executed these programs.

C:\Users\User\avira_registry_cleaner_en.exe
C:\Users\User\Downloads\esetonlinescanner_enu.exe

If these programs create a backup of what is deleted then you may be in luck.
Otherwise I do not think that your data can be recovered.
===

No malware was found on your logs.
I suggest you clean these items that are not required.

Press the windows key Windows_Logo_key.gif+ r on your keyboard at the same time. This will open the RUN BOX.
Type Notepad and and click the OK key.

Please copy the entire contents of the code box below to a new file.

Start

CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CloseProcesses:

FF Plugin-x32: @tools.google.com/Google Update;version=3 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\1.3.32.7\npGoogleUpdate3.dll [No File]
FF Plugin-x32: @tools.google.com/Google Update;version=9 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\1.3.32.7\npGoogleUpdate3.dll [No File]
CHR Extension: (Chrome Web Store Payments) - C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\nmmhkkegccagdldgiimedpiccmgmieda [2017-02-02]
CHR Extension: (Chrome Media Router) - C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\pkedcjkdefgpdelpbcmbmeomcjbeemfm [2017-02-02]
S1 ajqepdgh; \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ajqepdgh.sys [X]
Task: {64747EF2-890D-4D19-8ACC-756B552203DF} - \AutoPico Daily Restart -> No File <==== ATTENTION

End
Save the file as fixlist.txt in the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.
The location is listed in the 3rd line of the Farbar log you have submitted.

Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.

The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.

===

Your version of Java is outdated and needs to be updated to take advantage of fixes that have eliminated security vulnerabilities.

You can manually check your present version and update as recommended.
https://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

Be careful not to install malware posing as Java update!
Important read this blog.
http://blog.trendmicro.com/trendlabs-security-intelligence/malware-poses-as-an-update-for-java-0-day-fix/

Quoted from the page.
"In light of the recent events surrounding Java, users must seriously consider their use of Java. Do they really need it? If yes, make sure that users follow the steps we recommended and get the security update directly from the official oracle website." at:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html

How to disable Java in your browsers
http://www.infoworld.com/t/web-browsers/how-disable-java-in-your-browsers-210882

If still present after the update you can remove the old versions of Java via the Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
Java 8 Update 121 (HKLM-x32\...\{26A24AE4-039D-4CA4-87B4-2F32180121F0}) (Version: 8.0.1210.13 - Oracle Corporation)

Please let me know what problem persists with this computer.

#3 Tamimwm

Tamimwm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 181 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2017 - 11:46 AM

Hello Nasdaq, this is the third time you help me with malware issues and I really appreciate it.

The avira registry cleaner was used a couple of months ago to remove avira because it made my computer lag.

As for the eset scanner I used it just as a check to see if there is anything just in case.

I applied the fixlist and posted the log below.

I had also updated java and disabled it just in case.

Fix result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) Version: 24-05-2017
Ran by User (27-05-2017 19:33:56) Run:1
Running from C:\Users\User\Downloads
Loaded Profiles: User (Available Profiles: User)
Boot Mode: Normal
==============================================

fixlist content:
Start

CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CloseProcesses:

FF Plugin-x32: @tools.google.com/Google Update;version=3 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\1.3.32.7\npGoogleUpdate3.dll [No File]
FF Plugin-x32: @tools.google.com/Google Update;version=9 -> C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Update\1.3.32.7\npGoogleUpdate3.dll [No File]
CHR Extension: (Chrome Web Store Payments) - C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\nmmhkkegccagdldgiimedpiccmgmieda [2017-02-02]
CHR Extension: (Chrome Media Router) - C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\pkedcjkdefgpdelpbcmbmeomcjbeemfm [2017-02-02]
S1 ajqepdgh; \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\ajqepdgh.sys [X]
Task: {64747EF2-890D-4D19-8ACC-756B552203DF} - \AutoPico Daily Restart -> No File <==== ATTENTION

End

Restore point was successfully created.
Processes closed successfully.
HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\MozillaPlugins\@tools.google.com/Google Update;version=3 => key removed successfully
HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\MozillaPlugins\@tools.google.com/Google Update;version=9 => key removed successfully
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\nmmhkkegccagdldgiimedpiccmgmieda => moved successfully
C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\pkedcjkdefgpdelpbcmbmeomcjbeemfm => moved successfully
HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ajqepdgh => key removed successfully
ajqepdgh => service removed successfully
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Plain\{64747EF2-890D-4D19-8ACC-756B552203DF} => key removed successfully
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tasks\{64747EF2-890D-4D19-8ACC-756B552203DF} => key removed successfully
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Schedule\TaskCache\Tree\AutoPico Daily Restart => key removed successfully

=========== EmptyTemp: ==========

BITS transfer queue => 8388608 B
DOMStore, IE Recovery, AppCache, Feeds Cache, Thumbcache, IconCache => 8709818 B
Java, Flash, Steam htmlcache => 131838 B
Windows/system/drivers => 440428 B
Edge => 0 B
Chrome => 115712 B
Firefox => 229747565 B
Opera => 0 B

Temp, IE cache, history, cookies, recent:
Default => 0 B
Users => 0 B
ProgramData => 0 B
Public => 0 B
systemprofile => 0 B
systemprofile32 => 128 B
LocalService => 0 B
NetworkService => 10622 B
User => 20404098 B

RecycleBin => 0 B
EmptyTemp: => 255.5 MB temporary data Removed.

================================

The system needed a reboot.

==== End of Fixlog 19:34:43 ====

#4 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 40,741 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2017 - 12:56 PM

It may just be that Eset cleared your Cache.

Nothing I can do to recover your loss unless you have a restore point you can use that was set before you run eset.

#5 Tamimwm

Tamimwm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 181 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:21 PM

Alright then I guess what is gone is gone thank you for your help nasdaq.

If my log is clean then that is it.

#6 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 40,741 posts
  •  

Posted 28 May 2017 - 07:14 AM

If all is well.

To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read this little guide best security practices keep safe.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/407147/answers-to-common-security-questions-best-practices/

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/keep-your-computer-safe-online/
Simple and easy ways to keep your computer safe and secure on the Internet.
===

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users