Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't do anything, can't find a fix

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mira69

Mira69

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 AM

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:23 PM

Hello, I am new here, and hopefully I can get a fix. or at least an idea of what the issue is and how I can fix it. So my sister in law purchased this computer online from DELL, as a gift and it has never worked right. I am not sure what the problem is as I am not very computer savy when it comes to this stuff. I believe it is a virus, or maybe even the company set up things incorrectly, I am not sure. Reason I am here :) I have tried for over a year now trying to fix the issue, off and on. but I recently just factory reset the entire thing and it is still doing it so I am at a loss, and am hoping someone will know exactly how to fix this. 

- task manager runs constantly at 100% programs that should not even be running. 

- cmd window pops up and types something so quickly i am unable to see what it is. 

I have ran all sorts of scans trying to find any trace of virus, or malware, but nothing pops up. I use Eset and MalwareBytes currently, but have ran Bitdefender scans and also came up with nothing. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dhagerjohns

dhagerjohns

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2017 - 09:40 PM

Right click on your taskbar, and open task manager.  Ensure more details at the bottom left is selected, then select the startup tab, and disable all.  See if that helps.  Here is a screenshot of my task manager with the startup tab selected.  After you have disabled each program by right clicking each one, and selecting disable, restart your computer, and see if that helps.  You can also download, and install Ccleaner from filehippo.com and use that to uninstall or disable/remove startup programs.  I have themed my Windows so yours will look different.

Attached File  screenshot_1.png   32.8KB   0 downloads

Edited by dhagerjohns, 26 May 2017 - 09:41 PM.

#3 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 26 May 2017 - 11:07 PM

It is strongly recommended that you run only one antivirus program at a time. Having more than one antivirus program active in memory uses additional resources and can result in program conflicts and false virus alerts. If you choose to install more than one antivirus program on your computer, then only one of them should be active in memory at a time.

Posted Image

#4 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 AM

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:24 PM

Was the computer purchased new or was it a refurbished computer?

--- Was there a discussion with Dell regarding the computer’s problems?

Doing a factory reset can be a good move many times but if the computer never worked right, it’s just going back to that original situation.

Can you post a screenshot of the computers basic information?

It will look something like this.

Attached File  Basic computer information.PNG   11.88KB   0 downloads

Run winver and post a screenshot so we know what version win10 you are running

It will look something like this.

Attached File  winver.PNG   17.24KB   0 downloads

There are more items to consider but we can get to them as we move along.

Personally though I would consider a fresh install vs. a factory reset in your case.

Here is one method http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9230-windows-10-iso-download.html

But if you like the idea, post back first.

I recommend using a known good running same Win10 version and bittedness and unchecking backup system files.

Others will have their ideas on this matter but I think it’s a good idea to keep this in mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users