Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

office 365 unresponsive at random intervals

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ksoros

ksoros

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 AM

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:12 AM

Hello All-

I have a user with windows 10 O/S and office 365 installed.  The issue is that office randomly becomes unresponsive and need to be closed and launched again to access the program(s).  It started with Outlook and now has trickled into the other office programs.  I have blown away his Outlook profile and created a new one. I have scanned his .ost and it did find errors but stated it fixed them.  Not sure where to go from here.

ksoros-

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,551 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:51 AM

If this happens with all O365 apps you should start by uninstalling Microsoft O365 and then re-downloading & installing. The .OST file has nothing to do with anything other than Outlook. BTW, I'm assuming from your post this happens ONLY with O365 apps and no other apps on the system.

#3 ksoros

ksoros
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2017 - 12:11 PM

Okay!  The one caveat to that is the user just reported that it would crash google chrome also.  Does that add anything to the diagnosis?

#4 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,551 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2017 - 01:00 PM

WHAT would crash Chrome? Do you mean Chrome crashes on it's own or some other app causes Chrome to crash? Please be as precise as possible or you make it difficult for us to help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users