Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer won't load, black screen. HELP PLEASE!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rosslewisbrown

Rosslewisbrown

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:33 AM

I plugged in a usb drive which it detected as having a virus. It's done that before with this file on it but i believed it was a false positive and have ignored it many times before.

Moments later Avira detected another suspicious file, this time in temporary files.

I carried on what I was doing but then things started messing up... First I couldn't click on any files in an explorer window but everything else was fine, then it started happening with other Windows, including Avira. Then I couldn't click on the start menu to restart. Nothing was frozen or not responding, it was as if my mouse button wasn't working.

I turned the PC off manually and now when I turn it on nothing happens. Just a black screen, no BIOS or anything. It won't even let me turn it off my holding the power button, it's just dead. No beeps.

I've removed the processor and RAM and put them back, checked cables etc. All seems fine.

Given the virus detection, I'm inclined to think it's not a hardware issue.

I've used a couple of USB rescue disks for viruses with no joy (PC doesn't have disk drive) and also a Windows 10 rescue USB made from my housemate's laptop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwv848

bwv848

Bleepin' Owl

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 3,024 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:26 PM

Suggest you post in the f_icon.png Am I infected? What do I do? forum.

If I do not reply in three days, please message me.

BC BSOD Posting Instructions | Carrona BSOD Index | Driver Reference Table (DRT)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users