Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected by Ransom_r.CGA

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 CrabPattie

CrabPattie

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:11 PM

Hello!

I need the help of the internet after this trojan horse has infected my computer. 

https://gyazo.com/0a6325746946fb3d7297516b30f2c9b4

As you can see, I have AVG Free, and it's 'object name' is mmsecsvc.exe, the threat being the Trojan horse Ransom_r.CGA

I haven't had anything really happen yet because of it, but it causes me blue screen crashes periodically which annoys me a lot and makes me worried. I have removed it multiple times, but it returns back again. 

I downloaded RKill and it displays this: 

https://gyazo.com/fb9480e5a791a9c327af58c9bb115844

I do not have Windows Defender on. 

I don't believe I have installed anything sketchy in the past days, the only exception being some Adobe Flash Players (ActiveX 25 and NPAPI 25) appearing, but I doubt they are the source of the trojan. 

A person I know has told that it could be perhaps AVG attacking Windows, but we aren't sure. I hope this is the right place for my post, I know there's another Trojan and Malware one, but I don't know the difference and assumed It'd be more likely for me to gain a response here. Apologies.

I use Windows 7 Ultimate.

In advance, thanks for your help, 

CrabPattie. 

Edited by CrabPattie, 24 May 2017 - 12:13 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users