Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Terrible virus / trojan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 ale5000

ale5000

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:24 AM

1) I have removed over 300 virus from the PC with Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool but the system is still a lot infected.

2) ESET SysRescue Live removed additional virus but the system is still a lot infected.

3) Malwarebytes Anti-Malware give an error and cannot be installed, problem probably caused by the virus.

4) Running ComboFix say that it cannot run on Windows 2000 (but it is Windows 8).

Is it possible to fix it so the OS detection isn't fooled by viruses?

PS: The virus blocked registry editing, both the regedit and CCleaner fail to edit registry (the permissions are OK but it still fails).

PS: Creating a new user fail, probably related to registry.

Edited by ale5000, 24 May 2017 - 11:26 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ale5000

ale5000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 24 May 2017 - 02:44 PM

I have resolved it, sorry.

#3 pystryker

pystryker

• Malware Response Team
  • 730 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:58 PM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

I close my topics if there is no response after 3 days. Please PM a moderator or myself to reopen your topic.

Please PM me only if I'm helping you with your computer issues and I have not responded in 2 days. Please remember, I'm a volunteer and sometimes life does get in the way. :)

Please stay with me until I declare your machine clean. Absence of symptoms does not ensure your machine is clean.

If you'd like to make a donation via Paypal, please click here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users