Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Favorite Driver Tools?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 voltayer

voltayer

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:07 AM

Hellooooo

Curious to see what driver tools others use.

I am looking for a good driver manager (or multiple ones) that can completely delete a driver, backup / restore, possibly even search and install, complete Windows 10 support

So far I use D7 technician tools from foolish IT, it allows me to copy paste the driver identifier (you can do this manually but it's just convenient)

I have also used DRP (Russian driver pack, filled with spyware and viruses) because it actually works haha. However it comes with plenty of addons and spyware you have to uninstall afterwords. Option definitely not worth it but if you are super desperate, it actually works. (just dont forget to run hijackthis and mab afterwards)

Anyone have any impressive driver tools? Something that actually works (full Windows 10 compatibility)

Thanks!!!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:19 AM

There is  problem with programs which will monitor your drivers and automatically download what they believe are the drivers needed.  The problem is that drivers should be chosen and downloaded from the product manufacturer's website.  These programs usually choose download sites from a list of what they "support", not necessarily what is compatible or correct.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 GreenViking

GreenViking

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:20 AM

Find out what the manufacturer of your hardware is and get drivers from them instead. Services like SlimDrivers are poorer choices and you would be better off getting drivers from the source.

#4 voltayer

voltayer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:28 AM

I guess the person that comes up with actual reliable driver software would be a millionaire pretty quickly. Never really have found any reliable driver software.

Yeah 99% of the time I get my drivers directly from the maker or chip manufacturer, but it's that 1% of the time when you really need something. Any driver backup and restore tools you guys use?

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 AM

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:37 AM

If this is going to turn into a multiple question regarding member's opinion of what they believe or think is the best you are going to get opinions only.  I would suggest doing some homework, read some reviews from respected sources and form you own opinions.

Edited to correct single finger typing error.

Edited by dc3, 24 May 2017 - 11:39 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 voltayer

voltayer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:42 AM

If this is going to turn into a multiple question regarding member's opinion of what they believe or think is the best you are going to get opinions only.  I would suggest doing some homework, read some reviews from respected sources and form you own opinions.

Yes I am looking for others' opinions for the sake of learning. I have 12 years in the industry as far as homework goes. Just thought I'd ask, didn't mean to offend anyone.

Have a good day

#7 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,668 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 24 May 2017 - 11:44 AM

Yes I am looking for others' opinions for the sake of learning. I have 12 years in the industry as far as homework goes. Just thought I'd ask, didn't mean to offend anyone.

Have a good day

My opinion is that I do not use a driver tool. I have Windows 10 and I use the manufacturer's web site.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#8 APlusBruce

APlusBruce

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 AM

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:51 PM

I have used snappy Driver installation with some good results. On occasion there have been times where the OS didn't like the drivers and had to do a "Last known Good Configuration". There is some options within it, but nothing as robust as what you are looking for.

#9 Goddess_Bastet

Goddess_Bastet

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:19 PM

I have DriverBooster pro http://www.iobit.com/en/driver-booster.php by ioBit, been using it for about 18 months & not had a problem with it downloading the wrong drivers.
I use nVidia's GForce Experience to update the graphics driver & other manufactures' websites but DB pro has updated drivers which the pc manufacturer hasn't updated since 2015 - I've checked.

#10 Tech_Geeker

Tech_Geeker

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:19 PM

Have using Slimdrivers to manage all the driver and also back it up. Its working fine. small size, and it is also free.

#11 voltayer

voltayer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2017 - 09:50 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried iObit and the older versiond do not work very well, however they have stepped their game up tremendously.

I will look in to Slimdrivers, doesn't look bad.

Just a heads up this will be for consumer end use, no enterprise use.  I like to mess around and experiment.

Thanks for the tips

Edited by voltayer, 25 May 2017 - 09:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users