Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hidden Files In Partitioned Discs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ayyu3m

ayyu3m

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 08 September 2006 - 10:55 AM

Hi everyone i m new to this forum...but this is an interesting forum i stumbled upon while searchning for my problem on the internet. So here is how my problem goes.

I recently bought a laptop and as usual i have installed a clean copy of windows professional xp sp2. i divided my hard disk into 3 partition on which as obvious C is for windows, and drive D and E.

Problem: Well i am able to view all the hidden files in the C drive. But i m unable to see any hidden files such as thumbnails or picture art for mp3 files and etc.

I did all the way from My Computer> View> Display hidden system files> Show hidden files> Applied

But nothing happened. But the thing is when i see the partition drive via network on my friends Computer i am able to see all my afore mentioned hidden file...

Guys whats happening and help me out... :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 09 September 2006 - 03:05 PM

There would not normally be any hidden files on the non-system partitions you created.

Edited by Enthusiast, 09 September 2006 - 03:11 PM.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 PM

Posted 11 September 2006 - 03:54 PM

Were the drives partitioned in a previous installation of Windows and were they formatted for NTFS?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 Gyro

Gyro

• Members
  • 289 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:52 PM

Posted 11 September 2006 - 04:16 PM

So... you have files, you hid the files, and now you can't see the files that you hidden, even though you tell it to show hidden files... This sounds awfully familiar. Well, you can make sure that you are sharing the folders where these files are hidden. What you can also do, is you can go to start and then run "cmd" this will open up a command prompt, then you can go to the drive that your having problem with, and type in "dir" tell me if it comes up with anything... also, this account you speak of does have administrator access correct?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users