Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

How to fix "Bluetooth peripheral device driver not found" Error in Windows 7 ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 maxshawn9

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:24 AM

Hello members,

After installing the latest Bluetooth driver I am trying to connect my Bluetooth device to my Windows 7 PC, Then I am getting the error:

"Bluetooth peripheral device driver not found"

I have gone through so many online solutions, but none of them helped me in getting rid of it. Then somehow I have found a solution on https://www.drivereasy.com/

Is there anyone who tried it before?

Edited by maxshawn9, 24 May 2017 - 05:52 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,133 posts
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:15 AM

Don't use driver install software. See this page. Open Device Manager. Click View > Show Hidden Devices. In Device Manager click on Other Devices and look for anything with a yellow exclamation mark. 

#3 GoofProg

• Banned
  • 224 posts
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:31 AM

Sometimes bluetooth is detected by BIOS but Windows will not show it at all even the bluetooth light goes off from boot.  There is a thing inside Vpro technology that lets outsiders disable things on the bus through accessing the SMBUS through vpro.  You can try to get some app to reset your smbus settings.. I guess hiron's boot cd has something....

#4 namanh

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:36 PM

- Download the 'Windows Mobile Device Center' ( current version is 6.1 )

- Install the downloaded software but it may not look like it worked on Windows 7 PCs. Vista automatically configured the settings on the bluetooth devices but for those who have Windows 7, here are the things you should do:

- Go to 'Device Manager' from 'Control Panel' -Or- just right-click on Computer Icon and choose 'Properties' and then click on 'Device Manager'.

- You'll see an 'Unknown Device' named 'Bluetooth Peripheral Device' 

- Right-Click it and click on "Update Driver Software" -Or- anyway you find it easy to bring up the Update driver window.

- Select "Browse My Computer for Driver Software" button.

- Select "Let Me Pick from a List of Device Drivers on my computer".

- Select 'Bluetooth Radio' from the list if it asked you to select and then in the next window, it will show a list of drivers with Company Names in one list and Drivers in another. In the Company List choose 'Microsoft Corporation', not only Microsoft. 

- From the drivers list there may be one or more drivers with the name "Windows Mobile-Based Device Support" with different driver versions. Select one or the latest.

- Ignore any warnings and keep pressing next and then Finish at last. If all goes well, the last screen will show the message that device driver is successfully installed.

Now, after manually updating the driver for your bluetooth device, in 'Device Manager' when you click on 'Bluetooth Radios', it should display one more item which will say 'Windows Mobile-based device support'

Edited by namanh, 24 May 2017 - 12:37 PM.

#5 Bricega3

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:03:25 AM

Posted 02 November 2017 - 05:06 AM

Hi maxshawn9
which model laptop do you have not mentioned here but you have been using windows 7 pc. I am also using dell laptop windows 7 pc same like that. a few months back my Dell laptop got Bluetooth driver issue then I asked so many friends but they didn't give the correct answer.however, I also have searched on the internet and I found correct Bluetooth drivers on the driver basket website when  I install the  Bluetooth drivers then windows7 os got better performance. I would suggest to you I hope if you install the update Bluetooth drivers on that website then you will get better performance.
Thank you. 

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users