Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DIMM Slots 2 and 4 not working ABIT IP35 Pro

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sharppy

Sharppy

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:28 PM

When I try and put the two sticks into slots 1 and 2 and or 3 and 4 the computer doesn't POST. It gives a C1 error code. It was working before so I don't know what happened. Here is a picture of what i'm talking about (the only 2 stick combo that works). It boots fine with the setup I have now, but it doesn't work with dual slot configuration. I have tried every combo and 1 stick works fine too.

Attached Files

• Attached File  IMAG.jpg   125.45KB   0 downloads

Edited by Sharppy, 23 May 2017 - 04:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 433 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:13 PM

Try using slots 1 & 3 or 2 & 4 with 2 sticks RAM.

Consult the owners manual, page 14 for instruction.

Manual: https://www.manualagent.com/abit/ip35-pro/users-manual/page-14

Note the highlighted paragraph on that page:

"Usually there is no hardware or BIOS setup required after adding or removing memory modules,
but you will have to clear the CMOS memory first if any memory module related problem occurs."

Edited by saw101, 23 May 2017 - 05:21 PM.

I never make the same mistake twice....I always make it 5 or 6 times just to be sure!

#3 Sharppy

Sharppy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:22 PM

I have already tried both ways and none work. Only Slots 1 and 2 working. I have cleared the CMOS also using the CMOS switch and when that didnt work then I tired removing battery and moving jumper over.

Edited by Sharppy, 23 May 2017 - 07:06 PM.

#4 Sharppy

Sharppy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2017 - 07:15 PM

No idea whats going on.

#5 Sharppy

Sharppy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:33 PM

It seems that I cant do dual channel for some reason. Is there something in the BIOS that I can enable for it? 

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,887 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 25 May 2017 - 05:35 AM

IME...dual-channel is automatically enabled, per the motherboard manual.  Typically, if there are four RAM slots, they are color-coded...and matching the color codes enables dual-channel.  IME, the slots are non-sequential...if there are four slots, 1 and 3 enable, with 2 and 4 functioning in the same manner.

Page 1-10 Of Manual

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users