Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft MTA certification

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ahof

ahof

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:50 PM

Hi all I had a question about gaining the MTA certification. I'm looking at doing an MTA in IT infrastructure and I see listed on the Microsoft website there are 5 exams listed for this certification. (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/mta-it-infrastructure-certification.aspx) Exam 98-365/course 40365A Windows server administration fundamentals, Exam 98-366/Course 40366A networking fundamentals, Exam 98-367/Course 40367A Security Fundamentals, Exam 98-368/Course 40368A

Mobility and Device Fundamentals and Exam 98-369/Course 40369A Cloud Fundamentals.  My question was do I need to pass all of these eqams to gain an MTA certification or do I do just the one?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:14 PM

Per Microsoft - One.  I guess this is replacing the old MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional).  Maybe I'll take one, just to add it to my alphabet soup of certifications.  Unfortunately these days the information required to pass most certifications is useless to me in my day to day work.

#3 arlattimor

arlattimor

• Members
  • 591 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:45 PM

MTA Certifications are considered as entry level certifications to get your foot in the door as it were. If you are trying to break into the I.T.. They may have some benefit. Also to get an MCP you will have to pass a number of certain MTA exams. look at how Microsoft ranks MTAs against other Microsoft Certifications. But passing 1 MTA exam makes you a Microsoft Technology Associate in the exam you successfully pass.

MTA_CertPath_Poster.jpg  Cursus-Certifications-Microsoft.jpg  

Edited by arlattimor, 26 July 2017 - 08:51 PM.

A. Lattimore

CCNA, CWNA, MCITP, MCSA, MCT, MCP, Security+, Server+, Linux+, Network+, A+, CNST

Network Security Engineer

#4 arlattimor

arlattimor

• Members
  • 591 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:57 PM

From your post, I see you have highlighted networking fundamentals. Is this where you wish to focus your studies?

Hi all I had a question about gaining the MTA certification. I'm looking at doing an MTA in IT infrastructure and I see listed on the Microsoft website there are 5 exams listed for this certification. (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/mta-it-infrastructure-certification.aspx) Exam 98-365/course 40365A Windows server administration fundamentals, Exam 98-366/Course 40366A networking fundamentals, Exam 98-367/Course 40367A Security Fundamentals, Exam 98-368/Course 40368A

Mobility and Device Fundamentals and Exam 98-369/Course 40369A Cloud Fundamentals.  My question was do I need to pass all of these eqams to gain an MTA certification or do I do just the one?

A. Lattimore

CCNA, CWNA, MCITP, MCSA, MCT, MCP, Security+, Server+, Linux+, Network+, A+, CNST

Network Security Engineer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users