Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ewido Problem Or Firefox?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MathsDude

MathsDude

• Members
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 08 September 2006 - 04:07 AM

OK. I dont know if someone has had a topic like this already as I have been away.

But the problem is that lately me and my gf have noticed that ewido keeps on coming up with the same tracking cookies (trackingcookie.com f.e.).
Now ad aware and spybot doesnt come up with anything. Ive been trying to read blogs to find out more about this problem but have been unsuccesful.
The other problem was the fact windows was behaving weird by not being able to load any bitmaps, or access anything.
I did run smitfraudfix and winpfind in safe mode as well as ad aware and ewido which didnt find anything, so in the end had to do system restore to be able to get windows working properly again.

Now what i would like to know is what u guys know about this problem. Is it a problem???? Is it a glitch from ewido???? Or is there a problem with firefox?????
If anyone ever tells you that you are a geek, just simply reply: " Geeks get rich, popular people get to live in council flats!!!!"

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 graveangel

graveangel

• Members
  • 399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:12 AM

Posted 09 September 2006 - 11:59 AM

I once had a problem with ewido showing up with the same cookies every time i scanned with it. For some unknown reason it would not delete them even though it reported that it had.
Firefox would not dispose of them out of my cookie folder either, it was due in part to a corruption relating to the cookie folder.

I resolved it by locating to my cookie folder, selecting all of the cookies and cut and pasting them into a new folder, just incase the odd one or two may have been needed for certain sites. Scanned again with ewido, and they were gone. That appeared to sort it, its not happened since.
I deleted the cookies in the end.

Its important to note that these cookies were not malware related, so deleting in this fashion was acceptable. If you know any cookies to be suspicious, it would be best to post a HighJackThis log, as things could lay deeper in your system than just cookies.

Edited by graveangel, 09 September 2006 - 12:05 PM.

....And on the 8th day God said, "When my children are intelligent, and create the Computer, for my sake may they never screw around with the registry or subscribe to AOL"Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users