Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't access to some websites on my computer, other devices can

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mini11

mini11

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:47 AM

PLEASE HELP ME. I can't access to some websites on my computer, while other devices on the same WiFi can. I've tried almost everything I could find on Google.

It's a custom built desktop(not by me though, that's why i need HELP) so I was using the WiFi in its motherboard. I've been using that for about an year just fine until now...

Anyways, around the time I got the desktop, I bought this USB WiFi adapter https://www.amazon.com/USB-AC68-Dual-Band-AC1900-Adapter-Included/dp/B01I7QFR10 just in case because I couldn't conveniently use a wired connection. I ended up using the built in WiFi for a while but my WiFi dropped a bar recently from 4/4 to 3/4 so I thought I would mess with the usb wifi. I play a lot of competitive games so I wanted to see if I could get slightly better ping in games (without needing to switch to a wire connection). I plugged in and r i p m y i n t e r n e t.

I couldn't use the internet anymore aside from certain sites(not many) like: google, youtube, yahoo, facebook. I didn't immediately install the driver for it because my computer doesn't have a cd slot for the installation cd so I had to download it from their website. But guess what? I couldn't even go to the Asus website to get the drivers. I unplugged it and nope my internet is still broken. I don't know what it changed on my computer when I plugged it in. I googled a few fixes about my problem to no avail: can't access websites besides google, etc. Got results saying:

to check different browsers     -the same websites works and doesn't work on different browsers

make sure im not using a proxy in my browser settings      -no I'm not

type google dns 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 in my network adapter properties     -did that and restarted, didn't work; went back to default auto-find option, it's probably not that

type commands in cmd     -flushed dns, renewed ip, and typed several others things it told me to and it didn't fix my problem

I had to end up doing a system restore which DID fix my internet but i f up again. I thought it broke my internet because I didn't have the drivers so this time i downloaded the drivers off their website first and then plugged in the usb wifi once again and ran the installation. I tried using it and I had the same problem. but ONLY with wifi2. I have 2 choices in the WiFi menu now: WiFi2 is the usb wifi and WiFi1 is just the original motherboard WiFi that I've been using. When I connect to only wifi2 I couldn't access many websites like before except a few, Skype and Aim doesn't connect, and can't even play games like League of Legends because it won't connect. I connected to wifi1(both to the same wifi) and they work now and I left it at that for the time being. I didn't want to go through any more troubleshooting to get the usb wifi fully working.

I turned on the computer another day and I have the same problem again ugh. I unplugged it and used my original wifi, doesnt work. I did another system restore, doesn't work wtf??(ran the autorun.exe for the driver after restore and it was definitely uninstalled in the restore but i still had the .zip files for the driver on my desktop so i guess restore isn't a true time rewinder for my computer..because it didn't fix the stupid problem)

I went through so many of the fixes before more than once and many others..none of it helped

-turned my wifi adapter on and off

-uninstalled it in device manger and scanned for it back with scan for hardware changes

-system restored MULTIPLE times......because i did this i eventually lost the restore point for a good week back when i DIDN'T have this problem

-removed and replaced the winsock/winsock2 files in regedit

-downloaded and ran net adapter repair https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/netadapter-repair-all-in-one/ because it was suggested in another thread i found on google....not only was it difficult to "download" but when i finally had it on the pc this broke my internet completely gave me the no internet access triangle so i had to system restore it and also the reason why i did so many restores to lose the restore point a week ago

-RESETED my pc twice in windows settings > updates & security > recovery (windows10)......chose the option to keep my files, didn't work.....did it again but chose the option to delete everything, nope I'm pretty desperate now. PLEASE HELP ME.

also in microsoft edge (my pc literally has nothing but the default stuff now) it gives some errors it didn't on firefox(the browser i used before)

when i try to go to websites i can't.

amazon.com

amazon.com's server dns address could not be found

try running windows network diagnostics (I did this already and it couldn't find a problem)

dns-probe-fished-nxdomain

twitch.tv

amazon.com's server dns address could not be found

err_name_not_resolved

I would really appreciate it if someone could help me. Let me know if i need to provide more info. Sucks i can't copy and paste because I'm on a different device.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mini11

mini11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:27 PM

-typed in:

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset

got a bunch of "resetting Ok" messages and a "resetting, failed access is denied" message at the end. I restarted my computer and i have the triangle saying no internet access and can't connect to anything.

-I followed this video at 2:12 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3DpeeXLSDM where he tells me how to fix the access denied problem in regedit and typed in netsh int ip reset again. I don't get the access denied message this time BUT i still have no internet.

what should I do now??? I don't even have restore points for a system restore

[update]

-typed in netsh winsock reset, netsh int ipv4 reset, netsh int ipv6 reset whilst following step4 of this person's suggestion https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563189/i-cant-connect-to-internet-after-i-ran-adwcleaner/?p=3595613. Restarted, and have limited internet access again to certain sites.

[update]

Resetted the pc again. Chose the thorough reset option "remove files and clean the drive" and waited the extra hours, nothing changed.

[update]

Opened the computer and pressed the reset button in the motherboard, nothing changed. Not sure if I did this right though since I read the date and time is supposed to be reset.

[update]

nothing in except the default comment lines in hosts file

Edited by mini11, 23 May 2017 - 05:38 AM.

#3 mini11

mini11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:15 PM

bump

sixx.net/tools/gateway I can use this site to access ipv4 sites that don't have ssl with ipv6 or it will tell me ipv6 gate does not support ssl. I can't access any of the example ipv6 sites with ipv4. Also I don't have an ipv4 address when i type ipconfig in cmd? or I don't think I have one

the usb wifi adapter deleted my ip address? is that possible?

Edited by mini11, 24 May 2017 - 12:16 PM.

#4 mini11

mini11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2017 - 12:49 PM

K for the people like me that might come accross this thread in google in the future, I fixed the problem by resetting the router. Resetting it probably gave me a new ipv4 address. Would've done so earlier except I didn't think it would be the problem because I haven't touched it in months.

No body on here wanted to help me thanks a lot /s

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users