Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not sure if its a perm fix but...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dragongirl

Dragongirl

• Members
  • 210 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:56 AM

Ok the gist of it is, "Plugged In, Not Charging". Bascially. my battery somehow was running dry and my laptop had somehow become unplugged. I was curuious, I dont have Dell RapidCharge anymore {it borked] So I had to find a quick fix but I dont know if its a permament fix.

Namely, I found a 6 step guide through DeskDecode. I forgot to come here. My steps were

1: shut down laptop

2: remove battery

3: Restart laptop

4: Device Manager; remove MS ACPI battery and MS Complaiant AC Adapter

5: Shut down laptopm reincert battery

6: Restart laptop when charge indicator comes on

So far it is charging at this time

But I am curious as this isnt virus related, is it a perm fix, or will it happen again ?

Much thanks!

Edited by hamluis, 22 May 2017 - 05:08 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

The kitten that used to be linked to here in this signature now has her forever home!! Thank you for taking the time to read this signature!

"This is the coolest place I've ever been, and I've only been alive for three days!" ~ Figment

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Platypus

Platypus

• Global Moderator
  • 15,480 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:06 AM

Only time will tell. It's a suggested procedure for dealing with a problem that happens sometimes, and may or may not ever occur again.
Top 5 things that never get done:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users