Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Canceled Office 365 now blocking home computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lady T

Lady T

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:07 AM

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:54 PM

I used the office acct for the 365 in 2016 on my home computer. After the year was up we did not renew but now it is blocking my Word 2013 on my home computer. I did buy this computer 2nd hand and do not have any of the install disks. Notice just says to update subscription. Since MS will not speak to anyone or read any tickets I'm afraid I will be stuck with this forever. Took at least 6 months to stop emailing the job even after buying the standalone Office.

This Word 2013 had nothing to do with the 2016 365 or my companies acct. Feel like I'm Hijacked by MS.

Any fix for this?

Lady T

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 PM

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:55 AM

The only thing I can suggest, and it's a long shot, is first to download and run Belarc Advisor to get a list of the license keys for the software on your system, and that should include the Office 2013 suite.

Then see if you can still download the Office 2013 ISO file from Microsoft's website.  The last time I installed MS-Office 2013 that's what you had to do, as you bought nothing but a license key and the software was downloadable.

If you are able to download the Office suite, whether via ISO or other mechanism, you could try doing a repair install first and, if that doesn't work, uninstall it completely and do a reinstall.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

. . . the presumption of innocence, while essential in the legal realm, does not mean the elimination of common sense outside it.  The willing suspension of disbelief has its limits, or should.

~ Ruth Marcus,  November 10, 2017, in Washington Post article, Bannon is right: It’s no coincidence The Post broke the Moore story

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users