Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Find Device Drivers

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Sp8ermonkey

Sp8ermonkey

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:14 PM

I have an older Dell Inspiron 580 desktop that I am trying to get up and running. The first issue I had was a black screen that said "No Boot Device Available". I attempted to make a USB installation media with windows 10 and got the computer to boot up into the Windows installation path. However during setup I reach a point where it asks for a driver to install and I then get a message that says "No signed device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click OK.".

I am beginning to believe that the hard drive is bad, I came here to see if there was steps that I may take before buying a new hard drive. And to ask if buying a new hard drive is actually the solution or if there is something else wrong that I am missing.

Please any information may help this is my first foray into the world of computer repair and I am just learning as I go, googling solutions can only take me so far.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,287 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:50 PM

There may not be drivers, per Dell

Edited by Kilroy, 22 May 2017 - 02:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users