Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 severe infection

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jbond13

jbond13

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:35 PM

I don't know how but I have been compromised like nothing I have ever seen...I cannot put my finger on it...pushing ctrl-alt-del shows for a brief second "preparing security options"... and I cannot access device manager and control panel through the settings button now, even though I used the media creation tool at a friends house to get windows 10 on a flash drive, then re-installed Windows 10 here, and it's still acting up... I have several work files on here so I need this computer to work right.

Chkdsk found no errors, so I do not think it is a hardware issue and the Seagate driver is updated....please I could use some assistance, and just so you know I am not above wiping the drive, but let's see what can be done first.

Moved from Windows 10 support

NickAu

Edited by NickAu, 21 May 2017 - 10:08 PM.
Mod edit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:28 PM

Your problem is discussed and trouble shooting steps are mentioned in the link below.

Windows 10 unresponsive on desktop and taskbar and Ctrl Alt Del screen - Microsoft Community

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 jbond13

jbond13
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:33 AM

First of all, I have exhausted everything Microsoft says to do, and I previously stated that my problem persists even after a clean version of Windows 10 made with the Media Creation Tool so that link was not helpful at all. I am not a noob, I was programming DOS in the 80's, but I don't know anything about UEFI, I've been out of the loop for a few years. This seems to be embedded in the BIOS, and it's slow festering because after the clean install of 10, I was able to access control panel and a few hours later I was not. I have a screenshot of the error, but am unaware how to post a jpeg here. You guys are the best, I was hoping for more than a referral to an MS forum. I have been able to keep my computer clean based on recommendations from here for several years, but I need serious help. Just this morning, my computer clock switched to Pacific Time Zone, so something is really wrong.

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,196 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:36 AM

This sounds more like hardware problems. A hdd failing and possibly a mother board failing.

The time problem seems to common. See Windows 10 time keeps changing Solved - Windows 10 Forums

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users