Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Validation Issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 electricalguy

electricalguy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:21 PM

Mod Edit:  Split from https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533282/validate-windows-7-web-browser-not-configured-to-run-required-script/ - Hamluis.

I am having the same issue after a windows update and I can not figure out why.  Windows is saying I do not have a genuine copy of windows and wants me to validate.  When I try, I get an error and gives me these instructions...

The validation process cannot continue because your web browser may not be configured to run the required script. To continue with validation, please try the following:

1. Click Validate Now to launch the alternate validation process (optimized for browsers unable to run the original validation script).

This manual process doesn't work either and has script errors.  I don't know if it is an IE problem or something else.  I am running windows 7 with IE11. Can anyone help?

Edited by hamluis, 21 May 2017 - 05:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,281 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 21 May 2017 - 05:43 PM

Is scripting enabled on IE11?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3135465/how-to-enable-javascript-in-windows

Another option. Open IE11. Press F12 to open Developer Tools. Click the Emulation tab. In the dropdown box select 10 instead of Edge. If this does not work then revert back to Edge.

You may need to go through phone activation.

To activate Windows 7 using the phone:

• Select the Start button Start button icon, right-click Computer, select Properties, and then select Activate Windows now.
  • Choose Show me other ways to activate.
  • Type your Windows 7 product key, and then select Next.
  • Select Use the automated phone system. Administrator permission required You may be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
  • Select your location (or the location nearest you) from the drop-down list, and then select Next.
  • Call one of the available phone numbers listed. An automated system will guide you through the activation process.

If that does not work and you live in the US call this number and wait for a live person.

(888) 571-2048

#3 GoofProg

GoofProg

• Banned
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:11 PM

I do not trust Microsoft's update after there was some update that left a corrupt folder on the root directory.  I use the WSUS offline technique.  After downloading everything I use run the update.bat in administrator mode and it reboots a few times.  Included my example of a clean C root drive.
34809897495_ffa87a2744_b.jpg

http://download.wsusoffline.net/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users