Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

audio cd / music cd autoplay actions

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hmazuji

hmazuji

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:02 AM

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:05 PM

i've been using windows xp since forever after reluctantly leaving win98 after memorizing "The Mother of All Windows 98 Books" by Woody Leonhard and Barry Simon
even so, there are some problems that simply baffle me like this one. search has not been productive. i tried to add an action, but wasn't successful. searched the registry, but didn't find anything useful.
how do i add an action to the audio options ? there isn't anything to be done in the 'autoplay' tab. i've installed some software by NCH, and also a player called 'potplayer', but these options are not available on autoplay. the only option available, is 'windows media player', even though i specifically did not install windows media player. simply amazing what xp can do. anyone got a suggestion ?

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 26 May 2017 - 05:29 PM

No guarrantee this will do what you want but open Windows Explorer and find a file you want to use with Potplayer and RIGHT click on it. Then click 'Open with . . '. this opens a box listing common applications to open the file of your choice. If Potplayer is listed then tick the button at the bottom left of the dialogue box 'Always use this application to open this type of file' then select Potplayer. If it doesn't show in the list there is a 'Browse for' button. Use that to find the Potplayer .EXE file, click on the .EXE file then the 'Always use' button then click, it's either, OK or Apply.

If this works for Potplayer it will also work for NCH.

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users