Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Intenet problems: page loading, logins

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ray5450

ray5450

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:46 AM

Starting about 3 days ago, I am experiencing all the following:

1. Pages loading at less than dialup speed (and including getting to this site.)

2. In the middle of loading, just stops with a blank page.  Must reload several times to get it going.

3. Yahoo search will not bring up results unless Search is pressed several times (similar to #2).

4. Skype will not log in (not web Skype, but the actual Skype software).  Says, "Sorry, we couldn't connect to Skype.  Please, check your internet conection." Rarely, it will log in, but the connection indicator just twirls and twirls and never connects (messages cannot be exchanged).

5. Vudu login fails.

6.  Yahoo login fails.

7. Radiotunes login dialogue will no longer even open, along with any other link on the site.

8. Login here took several tries.

9. It took several clicks to get this message to post.

However, upon doing an internet speed test at any time, download speed is between 8-10 mbps, and upload is 5-7 mbps.  Downloading any file is super fast.

This is a wireless connection.

This is most frustrating.  I can't do anything.

Seeking solution.  Thank-you.

Edited by ray5450, 21 May 2017 - 12:01 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ray5450

ray5450
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:53 AM

Here is some more information...

Over a month ago, I updated to the newest driver, right from Intel.  This was because, using the driver I have always had, the number of bars is up, down, up, down along with the speed.  Sometimes it turned yellow, at which time, I do a Windows troubleshoot and it always finds the same problem and fixes it (being over a month ago, I don't remember what it was).  I looked up that problem and many sites suggested to update the driver.  After updating the driver, there were always 4 bars, internet speed increased by a factor of 8x!  It was a great improvement...up until 3 days ago when the above started  (I used the new driver with no problem for over a month).

After some random and reaching trials, I found that all of the above work again with the OLD driver, but now I am back to low and fluctuating speeds, which is better than about nothing, like the above.

I also tried ininstalling, redownloading, and reinstalling the new driver, but it immediately went right back to doing all of the above.

I am requesting assistance to find out how to make the newest driver work again, and/or what could be the problem.  Thanks.

Edited by ray5450, 23 May 2017 - 12:58 AM.

#3 ray5450

ray5450
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:58 PM

Apparently, this is unsolvable.

#4 jwoods301

jwoods301

• Members
  • 1,489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:00 PM

Posted 27 June 2017 - 02:19 PM

What version of Windows are you using?

What wireless adapter are you using?

Post each setting for the adapter properties in Device Manager.

What router are you using? What firmware?

#5 ray5450

ray5450
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2017 - 07:39 AM

Windows version:  7

Wireless adapter:  Intel ® Pro 3945ABG

Properties/value:

Ad Hoc Channel 802.11b/g      11
Ad Hoc Power Management       disabled
Ad Hoc QoS Mode               WMM disabled
Mixed Mode Protection         CTS-to-self enabled
Roaming Aggressiveness        medium
Throughput Enhancement        disabled
Transmit Power                highest
Wireless Mode                 802.11a/b/g

Router:  Unknown/public

Internet is provided by my housing.  My company just notified me that I'll be moving in a few days.  However, I would still like to know why the old driver works and the new driver stopped working, in case this should ever happen again.  To clarify, the behavior of the old driver has always been so (everywhere), but it works.  Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users