Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

GPU and Motherboard compatibility?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Articpanda

Articpanda

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:39 AM

Posted 21 May 2017 - 06:12 AM

So i am looking to upgrade my GPU but would't like to change my motherboard. I am looking to upgrade my GPU from a AMD Radeon HD 7800 series to a GTX 1070. I am just wondering how hard it would be to change and if my motherboard is compatible with the GTX 1070. My motherboard is the GIGABYTE Z77N-Wifi. If they are compatible what would be a good motherboard for the GTX 1070 then.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,502 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 21 May 2017 - 06:19 AM

What CPU? What monitor? What PSU? Motherboard is compatible.

If you ask me, GTX1070 is overpriced like all video cards over mid end right now. Wait for AMD Vega and see what happens.

Edited by Drillingmachine, 21 May 2017 - 06:19 AM.

#3 Articpanda

Articpanda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2017 - 06:24 AM

What CPU? What monitor? What PSU? Motherboard is compatible.

If you ask me, GTX1070 is overpriced like all video cards over mid end right now. Wait for AMD Vega and see what happens.

CPU: Intel core i7 - 3770 (Ivy bridge)

Monitor: Asus (generic PnP)

PSU: Corsair TM650M

Also why is the 1070 overpriced and when is the AMD Vega line coming out?

#4 Drillingmachine

Drillingmachine

• Members
  • 2,502 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:06 AM

Monitor exact model please? If it's FullHD@60Hz, GTX 1070 is overkill.

GTX 1070 is overpriced because 1. without Vega there is no competition on that price range 2. GTX 1070 has poor DX12/Vulcan features 3. mid to high end graphic cards generally cost more than years ago.

Vega comes on that price range probably "in few months"

#5 Articpanda

Articpanda
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:10 AM

Monitor exact model please? If it's FullHD@60Hz, GTX 1070 is overkill.

GTX 1070 is overpriced because 1. without Vega there is no competition on that price range 2. GTX 1070 has poor DX12/Vulcan features 3. mid to high end graphic cards generally cost more than years ago.

Vega comes on that price range probably "in few months"

Oh okay i get that, i might wait a bit i am looking to upgrade so i can play destiny 2 in September because my GPU now is barely running Player Unknown battlegrounds. The monitor is ASUS PB287Q its 4k@60Hz; but i run my games at 1080 because with the 4k the UIs are too small.

#6 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,349 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:39 AM

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:24 AM

I would agree with the notion of waiting for Vega as if its in your budget it may be a good option.

I am still unsure what Vega can do for price to performance yet so they need to come out first.

I just know I cant do vega as its meant to be more high range

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

8spxh0-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users