Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

3 TB (GPT) went RAW and only shows up as 746 GB in Minitool Partition Wizard

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 UncleVanya

UncleVanya

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:33 PM

It shows up in Minitool as 746 Gb, but in Disk Managment it is showing up as the entire 2794.39 GB (RAW) (Healthy Primary Partition.

This happened to me last year with another 3 TB disk under almost the same circumstances and I was able to fix it without any data loss or recovery tools, but for the life of me I cannot remember how I did it.

Below is a screenshot of the results of a Partition Recovery Scan in Minitool. If you would like a screenshot of just the disk behind the scan, please let me know, and I really hope someone can help me. Thanks.

file://userpc-pc/Users/Public/Videos/Untitled.jpg

I mean I was able to fix it with Minitool without data loss, sorry. Just want to be clear.

I should also reveal that the drive letter (J:) is still visible, as well.

Edited by UncleVanya, 20 May 2017 - 10:51 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,218 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:27 AM

The image did not come through. In Minitools is the disk labeled as MBR or GPT?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users