Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Are Beavis and Butthead mentally ill?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64

• Members
  • 1,024 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:00 PM

I was big fan of Beavis and Butthead back in the day well actually I'm still am a fan. But one thing that I always noticed was how mentally ill they seemed and utter lack of parental supervision.

Having mentally illness myself I cant help but wonder if B&B came from a better home and there school properly addressed the mentally illness, Would they have trued out differently? Would they have respect not just for each other but other people as well?

Are you a fan of Beavis and Butthead? Can you relate to them? Do you feel empathy for them? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Crazy Cat

Crazy Cat

• Members
  • 808 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:29 PM

cornholio_2.png

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H2VLCkoZKY
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHv2dIM3t9I

Edited by Crazy Cat, 20 May 2017 - 07:30 PM.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. ― Albert Einstein ― Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

InternetDefenseLeague-footer-badge.png

#3 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,024 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:48 PM

cornholio_2.png

hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H2VLCkoZKY
hxxp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHv2dIM3t9I

:hysterical: Beavis is very disturbed boy.

#4 The-Toolman

The-Toolman

• Members
  • 1,488 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:44 PM

Beavis and Butthead :thumbdown: are just stupid which says a lot about the mentality of their followers.

I'm grumpy because I can be not because I'm old.

The world is what you make of it, if it doesn't fit, you make alterations.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.  (Mark Twain)

#5 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,024 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:25 PM

Beavis and Butthead :thumbdown: are just stupid which says a lot about the mentality of their followers.

Yeah there pretty dumb. But from a psychological prospective what disorders would they have? Downs syndrome, aspergers, psychosis, psychopathy etc?

Edited by SuperSapien64, 22 May 2017 - 05:26 PM.

#6 Crazy Cat

Crazy Cat

• Members
  • 808 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:31 AM

Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:04 PM

Yeah there pretty dumb. But from a psychological prospective what disorders would they have? Downs syndrome, aspergers, psychosis, psychopathy etc?

All of the above, intellectual disability http://www.hwns.com.au/Resource-centre/Types-of-disabilities/intellectual-disability

Intellectual disability: The prevalence of intellectual disability across the world is around 1%. http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0891422210003082

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. ― Albert Einstein ― Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.

InternetDefenseLeague-footer-badge.png

#7 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,024 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:27 PM

Very informative Crazy Cat thanks for sharing. :)

Edited by SuperSapien64, 24 May 2017 - 10:28 PM.

#8 Threesom666

Threesom666

• Banned
  • 131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 AM

Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:59 AM

I can relate to them a lot more than todays kids I can tell you that much. Me and my friends were a big fan and we used to a lot of obnoxious things just like them and boy was it a lot of fun. Sometimes being normal and doing normal things can be boring. Lucky for me Im enjoying them lately. Ive bought a couple of shirts and being starting to watch the series. Enjoying season 1.

Give-Blood.jpg?id=4e33b036-8ff3-453b-aed

#9 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 1,119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 30 March 2018 - 10:39 PM

I was big fan of Beavis and Butthead back in the day well actually I'm still am a fan. But one thing that I always noticed was how mentally ill they seemed and utter lack of parental supervision.

Having mentally illness myself I cant help but wonder if B&B came from a better home and there school properly addressed the mentally illness, Would they have trued out differently? Would they have respect not just for each other but other people as well?

Are you a fan of Beavis and Butthead? Can you relate to them? Do you feel empathy for them? 

You show there one of the healthiest reactions to Beavis and Butthead.  The characters are examples of , people with (I say vaguely) something wrong with them.  They are not well mannered, and they are not thinking very deeply.  These two are motivated only by narrow self-interests and are immature; very immature, poor self-control.

#10 cafejose

cafejose

• Members
  • 1,119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 AM

Posted 30 March 2018 - 10:41 PM

Another thought:  Stupidity can be very entertaining.

#11 SuperSapien64

SuperSapien64
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,024 posts
  •  

Posted 31 March 2018 - 01:56 PM

Another thought:  Stupidity can be very entertaining.

I agree yes it can be. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users