Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Emsisoft Anti-Malware Won't Load After Tying To Uninstall To Change It

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Eyetri

Eyetri

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:47 PM

I just installed Emsisoft Anti-Malware as of yesterday, and noticed after reading a tutorial on installation to do a full scan.  I did a quick scan initially, and there is no option to do a full scan after it is downloaded.  So I tried to uninstall it and reinstall without any luck.  Now Emisisoft will not load for me.  I still want to keep the product and do a full scan.     

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:21 PM

In the rare case of an incomplete uninstall or if you are not able to run the uninstaller normally, Emsisoft has an Uninstall Tool (emsiclean.exe) which if required, may need to be run more than once in between reboots of the computer to completely remove all traces of the software. However, Emsiclean is meant to be used by the request of an Emsisoft support representative...see the post by GT500 here.

You probably should report your issue at the Emsisoft Customer Support forum.

BTW...Emsisoft has three Scanning Options...A Malware Scan is the recommended scanning mode
  • Quick Scan - quickly gives you an overview of any active infections on your computer. It does so by scanning through all running programs and their modules. Quick scan also completes something called a “trace scan.”...Additionally, quick scan checks installed drivers for active rootkits...We recommend a quick scan for automated/scheduled scans after boot or on user logons.
  • Malware Scan - similar to the quick scan, but it scans files in all folders that are known to host active malware infections. We recommend a malware scan as the default scan when you suspect an active infection on your system.
  • Custom Scan- Since the default mode of custom scan is set to perform a complete, full scan, use this option if you want to do a very thorough malware search and scan all files on all drives of your computer. The custom scan takes a significant amount of time to complete, and it isn’t recommended for frequent or daily use.
scanner_en-730x492.png
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 Eyetri

Eyetri
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:47 PM

Thanks, I did the Malware scan, but it doesn't say full scan.  I also attempted the Emsiclean and got a warning not to use it until the product had been uninstalled first, so I didn't use it.  It also advises to get support before using it which brought me here.  Thanks for the link to Emsisoft Customer Support, I could not find it by just browsing the site.    

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,288 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:55 PM

You're welcome and good luck.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif