Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bluetooth won't work with Windows 10/Outlook 2016

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 fred93

fred93

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:15 AM

I hope that I am posting this to the correct place--if not please direct me to the right place--thanks.

I just built a new pc for my wife who does a lot of work for her son's business.

The OS is Windows 10 and I also installed Office 2016.

Two problems have popped up:

#1 Every time the pc is started up a message pops up that says " Please insert a disk into drive D" Drive D is a all in one printer/scanner/fax Epson WF7520 (which has a card reader/USB port on the printer). I click either "cancel" or "continue" and it goes away. It stays gone until the pc is started again. Is there a way to remove that message????

#2 I have tried to install a Bluetooth 4.0 WAV LINK CSR Dongle so that the pc can connect to another printer. I can't seem to get it to work at all. And whenever I open Outlook 2016 it crashes and tells me that "Outlook  detected a COM add-in problem. These COM add-ins decreased performance or caused Outlook to crash" Then I see where the Bluetooth device has been "disabled"  BTW the printer in question works fine from MY pc using a Bluetooth device. I sure would like to get her pc to work with the other printer via Bluetooth????

As always--any help is appreciated !!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,518 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:12 PM

I would suspect that problem number one is the spin-off of some program that's being started at startup that expects something to be in that D: drive.  I can't help much beyond that.

If I may ask, why are you using bluetooth for the printer?  I'd have to presume (and this is where I'm probably wrong) that this is a wireless printer that could be set up on your LAN as such.  Windows has a much easier time dealing with this connection method without issue.

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

~ Commenter TheCruyffGurn on the The Guardian website, 8/13/2014

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,241 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:26 PM

For the Please insert disk issue see if the steps here help. I would avoid doing solution one.

http://windowsreport.com/please-insert-the-disk-windows-10/

#4 opera

opera

• Members
  • 969 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:45 PM

Perhaps you need to insert a memory card into printer (or a usb stck) as printer may be looking for a drive and needs the card so it can see it as a drive ?

Edited by opera, 20 May 2017 - 12:46 PM.

#5 fred93

fred93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:01 PM

I would suspect that problem number one is the spin-off of some program that's being started at startup that expects something to be in that D: drive.  I can't help much beyond that.

If I may ask, why are you using bluetooth for the printer?  I'd have to presume (and this is where I'm probably wrong) that this is a wireless printer that could be set up on your LAN as such.  Windows has a much easier time dealing with this connection method without issue.

Yeah, your suggestion about hard wiring the printer is probably the best way for me to go. Seeing how I just installed an ethernet switch/hub so that I would have more ethernet ports--I might as well use them! Thanks for your help--I can always count on these forums to get great answers to my questions.

#6 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,518 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:24 PM

Yeah, your suggestion about hard wiring the printer is probably the best way for me to go. Seeing how I just installed an ethernet switch/hub so that I would have more ethernet ports--I might as well use them! Thanks for your help--I can always count on these forums to get great answers to my questions.

Not that you can't go the route you are indicating, but it's not what I suggested.

If you have a printer with built-in wireless capability I can see no reason at all to connect it to anything by wire.  Go through its wireless setup to get it connected to your wireless network and any Windows 10 machine should be able to find it if you follow the standard steps for "Add a network printer" in Devices and Printers under Control Panel.

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

~ Commenter TheCruyffGurn on the The Guardian website, 8/13/2014

#7 fred93

fred93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:56 PM

For the Please insert disk issue see if the steps here help. I would avoid doing solution one.

http://windowsreport.com/please-insert-the-disk-windows-10/

This message ONLY pops up when the pc is first booted up. The "D" drive is a all in one printer that has a card reader and a USB port in the printer side case. Your suggestion states "Users reported that this error occurs when you insert a card into a card reader, and to fix this problem, you need to insert the card into card reader and change the drive letter."

This message does not pop up any other time.

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,241 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:14 AM

Insert a SD card in the printer as opera suggested. After booting can you change the drive letter from D?

#9 fred93

fred93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:00 PM

I have hard wired this printer to the router with ethernet cable. It works fine now--thanks for all your help--as always you guys are great--thanks again.

#10 Lvlpost

Lvlpost

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 05 June 2017 - 08:33 PM

If you're running Windows 10 (Version 1703), use the Bluetooth troubleshooter to try to fix Bluetooth problems.

•     Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot. Open Troubleshoot settings.
  •     Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth > Run the troubleshooter.

#11 fred93

fred93
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  

Posted 08 June 2017 - 03:41 PM

If you're running Windows 10 (Version 1703), use the Bluetooth troubleshooter to try to fix Bluetooth problems.

•     Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot. Open Troubleshoot settings.
  •     Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth > Run the troubleshooter.

I don't think that I have tired that. For right now I have hard wired the printer through the router and everything is working. However, I may want to install the blue tooth unit later and I will try your suggestion.  Thanks for posting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users